I'm doing a non-donor base-kit build. I'm getting ready to start on some of the cooling system parts. In particular, the radiator. I know the conensus is to go with a Fox radiator... but I don't love how it's mounted, so I'm planning different mounts for it. Rubber isolators, non-sheet metal lower supports.. that kinda thing. Then, when snooping at radiators for mustangs, I saw how the 2001 mustang radiator is setup. It has no radiator cap opening that I'd need to block off. It uses rubber isolated posts at the 4 corners. Fabricating custom brackets to mount to those 4 corners, with rubber grommits would be a snap. It even looks like fabbing up a decent fan shroud would be pretty easy too.

So.. simple question... is there a good reason why I should not give the '01 radiator a try? I know it measures a little smaller than the Fox radiator... but does it have insufficient cooling capacity for my build? They make 1" and 1.25" "stock" single row aluminum cores with plastic tanks. And are all under $100.

I'll be plumbed to a mild roller 302 with an E-cam, GT40p heads, and 600cfm carb in front of a T5.

Link to an '01 rad for reference
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....372643&jsn=450