I'm an unabashed fan of the GM LS engine platform and happy to pass along pics and info to any others out there. If someone if thinking about an LS in a Roadster, yes it's a great choice. It's got such a small physical profile that there is plenty of room. I'll have more than enough room for a large expanded passenger footbox, and no need to modify the engine-side of the driver's footbox to accommodate headers.

LS3_2.jpg

I'm going with a T56 Magnum which has a pretty darn big outside dimension. I'm going to have to get awfully creative with the tranny crossmember, that's for sure. It looks like everything will line up well with the potential shifter points. There are two different positions available with the stock shifter, and a 3rd location available with a different cover plate. I had to remove the shifter and top plate to get the tranny in(where the white towel is stuffed in), and will leave it off until the final install.

LS3_1.jpg

Right now the back of the tranny is just sitting on the cross-tube since my tranny crossmember if significantly mis-aligned with the frame. If I really tweak it I can get the two front bolts into the frame, but then the back isn't even close to lining up. I'll deal with that later, my goal was to get the engine in to see how far forward I can put the firewall, how the footboxes will work, etc... It's actually sitting about an inch or so too far towards the back, but I got a great idea how it would work.

LS3_3.jpg

I can't wait to wake up the 525+ hp sitting inside this engine. It's going to put a HUGE smile on my face...

-TJ