FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone else getting sucked in by the flash sale last week

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else getting sucked in by the flash sale last week

So, I was not quite ready for this build, but I am a sucker for a deal and jumped on the flash sale. 2 weeks ago I bought a 99 GT donor on Copart just to commit myself to this project. When I placed my order with FFR I was shocked that completion date is only 2 weeks away. Now I need to get busy and harvesting this mustang and deciding if I will use the 4.6 that has no leaks, no noises, and runs like a top, or go with coyote. Part of me wants to stab the 4.6 in since it is paid for and maybe try to stuff 2 ebay turbos under there.

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 99 GT is a also a great donor to use with an F150 Coyote takeout since all the transmission/clutch/flywheel stuff will swap over. Those engines are the best bang for the buck going right now for anything with a big enough engine bay, and the Ford controls pack is still plug and play with the truck motors from 2011-2014.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDamnEagle View Post
    So, I was not quite ready for this build, but I am a sucker for a deal and jumped on the flash sale. 2 weeks ago I bought a 99 GT donor on Copart just to commit myself to this project. When I placed my order with FFR I was shocked that completion date is only 2 weeks away. Now I need to get busy and harvesting this mustang and deciding if I will use the 4.6 that has no leaks, no noises, and runs like a top, or go with coyote. Part of me wants to stab the 4.6 in since it is paid for and maybe try to stuff 2 ebay turbos under there.
    Didn't get in on that sale but I sure like your user name! Where are you located?

WDE
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed my order yesterday morning to get the flash sale price. I am planning to use a 2003-2004 GT as a donor car. I have a 3/11/17 completion date for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

One more flash sale committment

I was conflicted on whether I should go with a MK4 or 33 rod. Flash sale helped me make up my mind and the order is placed. I had already picked up a 2015 mustang IRS and have a 2016 F150 Coyote with under 10k on its way to me which will get a set of Mustang cams which have also been purchased. I will as well be using a 2015 MT82 6 speed so some fabrication is in my future. Since this build is happening in Canada the metric instrument package is one of the options checked on my order sheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    kcorn, I am anxious to see your build. I have been looking at mustang engine trans packages on eBay thinking the MT82 sounded like a good option, but couldn't find anyone that had successfully fit it into this chassis, shifter modification can't be that hard right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really wish I had the funding together to pull the trigger, but sadly, not yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    WarDamnEagle, kcorn and BTHWarrior I upgraded your accounts for full access and gallery use.

Congrats on the new builds!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David, Hopefully someone will show me how to attach a photo, I keep trying to "insert image" and then chose one from a file on my computer, but then nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    was not quite expecting to order one this soon but had to get in on deal. had already bought 87 donor car and are working on getting parts ready. talked to Dan before ordering and he got me a date in may so could pick it up on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I jumped on the flash sale and will take deliver in June, this will be my second complete Roadster build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did. I got a bonus from work on Friday, same day as the email announcing the flash sale. Did my taxes Sunday, not getting a return, but not paying in nearly what I expected and had set aside for it. So I jumped in. End of June delivery. Considering an ecoboost V-6, if it will fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a brand new set of Stainless steal exhaust and full Stainless Steal bumper kits for sale! dont pay retail. I also have the Dash that comes with the glove box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David, Hopefully someone will show me how to attach a photo, I keep trying to "insert image" and then chose one from a file on my computer, but then nothing
    Take a look at this thread:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tures-in-posts

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    sidevalve, Lowrod and HGs_notes, I upgraded your accounts as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned the hard way on posting pictures you will have to get an app. To resize the image to smaller.
    Good luck and have fun on your build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well they got me too. I talked with the wife yesterday and I'm ordering a complete kit tomorrow. I'm a bit excited to say the least. I kina feel like a kid on the night before Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    So,... deciding if I will use the 4.6 that has no leaks, no noises, and runs like a top, or go with coyote. Part of me wants to stab the 4.6 in since it is paid for and maybe try to stuff 2 ebay turbos under there.
    As a newbie be warned.
    Never ask if you should spend more money on something. IE; go with a coyote, vs the paid for 4.6. Forum members are infamous for giving advice and opinions, on how other builders can spend moneys.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schenck View Post
    A 99 GT is a also a great donor to use with an F150 Coyote takeout since all the transmission/clutch/flywheel stuff will swap over. Those engines are the best bang for the buck going right now for anything with a big enough engine bay, and the Ford controls pack is still plug and play with the truck motors from 2011-2014.
    Unless You Go To The Dark Side!

Sorry Jim!

Post Thanks / Like
    I already picked up an 818 donor, or I would have JUMPED on it. Sad day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - have all ten of the flash sale kits replied to this thread? I think I was number 9!

Also planning on the F-150 coyote so plan on hearing some questions from me later.

The kid at christmas comment was dead on. Only thing better now is watching my own kids faces that day. Hmmmm- wonder if my co-workers thought something was up when I got off the phone to place the order!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    kcorn, I am anxious to see your build. I have been looking at mustang engine trans packages on eBay thinking the MT82 sounded like a good option, but couldn't find anyone that had successfully fit it into this chassis, shifter modification can't be that hard right?
    Well I guess I am going to find out. I fully expect that I will need to shorten the shifter support and rod that connects to the internal rail in order to move the handle location forward. I will decide how much once I have the engine and trans mocked up in the frame. I will as well make some brackets up to mount the shifter mechanism on the transmission along the lines of the MGW shifter. The package I bought came complete with 2 piece drive shaft so hopefully I can "MacGiver" the factory parts into a short one piece shaft to connect trans to the IRS rear end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frd2 View Post
    Wow - have all ten of the flash sale kits replied to this thread? I think I was number 9!

Greg
    Not sure what number I was, but there,s another one coming to Alberta. I've had a 94 GT sitting in the driveway for a while and was waiting for the right opportunity to order a Mk 4.

MikeC