Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wheel / Tires Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel / Tires Advice

About to put an order in for wheels/tires, I used the recommended sizes as a base to try to get something close as far as interior space goes, looking at buying these, just hoping someone can warn me beforehand if I'm missing something that might be an issue:

Fronts:
    Enkei PF01 18x9.5 15mm offset 5x114.3
    265/35/18 (Michelin Pilot Sports or Pirelli P-Zeros)

Rears:
    Enkei PF01 18x10.5 38mm offset, 5x114.3
    285/35/18 (Michelin Pilot Sports or Pirelli P-Zeros)

As far as I can tell, that's fronts that will be .8 inches wider, .2 inches lower sidewall, and .4 inches smaller, and rears .8 inches less wide, .9 inches more sidewall and .1 inches smaller, but both with the same inside clearance as recommended. I believe the scrub radius will be nearly neutral (maybe .2 inches). Hopefully I'm making sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning to use 245/45-18 front, 305/35-20 rear, but that's with full fenders. Are you running no fenders, bike fenders or full fenders?
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah good question, bike fenders.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the bike fenders but probably won't run them as the tires I will use on the track will not fit under fenders. I did purchase street tires & wheels that will fit under the bike fenders and here's what I have: Front Toyo Proxes R888 255/35ZR18 mounted on 9" wide TorqThrust wheels with 5.0" back spacing; Rear Toyo Proxes R888 315/30ZR18 mounted on 10" wide TorqThrust wheels with 5.75" back spacing.