Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ebrake cable Routing - Post your Pics

Post Thanks / Like

ebrake cable Routing - Post your Pics

Curious how others have routed their ebrake cables? Trying to decide how best to run and avoid headers.

Thanks

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I re-used the securing bracket that comes on the cable, and bolted it into a rivnut installed in the frame:

Here you can kind of see it snake it's way around the fuel filler tube and then through the firewall:

And here it comes through the firewall into the tank area (it's a bit obscured by the surge tank in this pic though):

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Thanks Hindsight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hindsight... forgot to ask. Did you just go with one wheel (cable) or two? If have seen others on the forum just go with one.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with both. It really isn't any extra work and in an emergency situation, it will be very nice to have. After you do one side, the other side will take like 5 minutes tops. Less if you didn't add a second rear firewall like I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbiglar View Post
    Hindsight... forgot to ask. Did you just go with one wheel (cable) or two? If have seen others on the forum just go with one.
    I think I was the only one that went with one wheel.
    I used a Locar e-bake handle. I felt like it did not have enough leverage to pull both cables. So I just hooked up one.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree on amount of work and makes sense. Was thinking about options to remove clutter, but to your point there is a reason why there is two :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    I think I was the only one that went with one wheel.
    I used a Locar e-bake handle. I felt like it did not have enough leverage to pull both cables. So I just hooked up one.
    Bob
    Bob, your ebrake didn't seem to have enough power to hold both wheels but did have enough to hold one wheel? I didn't think of that issue. I just got my locar setup done and need to check it. Do you think it's related to the difference in Arc that the aftermarket one travels? Does it seem to travel far enough? Just not enough power over the stocker? After adjusting, mine seems tight but haven't had the car off the jacks yet. https://i.imgur.com/LYNq6By.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera1984 View Post
    Bob, your ebrake didn't seem to have enough power to hold both wheels but did have enough to hold one wheel? I didn't think of that issue. I just got my locar setup done and need to check it. Do you think it's related to the difference in Arc that the aftermarket one travels? Does it seem to travel far enough? Just not enough power over the stocker? After adjusting, mine seems tight but haven't had the car off the jacks yet. https://i.imgur.com/LYNq6By.jpg
    Carrera,
    I think the OEM handle had more mechanical advantage because of longer handle. Also the hand grip is better on the oem unit.

With 2 cables connected. I pulled up with my normal force. The car would roll down a small hill.
    It held much better with only on cable connected.

There is no way it would help you stop much if you lost the service brakes on a race track.
    below is a picture of my set up.
    Bob

ebrake.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-21-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Carrera,
    I think the OEM handle had more mechanical advantage because of longer handle. Also the hand grip is better on the oem unit.

With 2 cables connected. I pulled up with my normal force. The car would roll down a small hill.
    It held much better with only on cable connected.

There is no way it would help you stop much if you lost the service brakes on a race track.
    below is a picture of my set up.
    Bob

ebrake.jpg
    Thanks for the insight. I guess if that does not work for me I'll go the actuator route and hide the whole set up. It's a shame because I kind of like the positioning and look of the locar.