Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 289 tail light converter wiring

Post Thanks / Like

289 tail light converter wiring

I am stumped. This should be pretty straightforward wiring according to the directions on the converter itself. However when I put outputs from the turn signal switch to the inputs of the converter, and outputs from the converter to the wires to the taillights, I get nothing. Red wire from converter goes to output of brake light switch. Have voltage coming out of brake switch, no voltage goes thru the box. No taillights, turn signals, and for some reason hazards don't work. I ordered two more converters, all the same results. After tracking voltage with a voltmeter, I find battery voltage comes out converter INPUT wires when depressing brake. So, for giggles, I wired the green inputs and outputs form converter together, yellow inputs and outputs together, joined them each with the respective output from the turn signal switch, connected to tail light wires, and I have turn signals all around, hazard all around, and brakes separate from turn. However, the front markers also light up with brake. Flashers have been replaced with electronic ones and grounded as per instructions. I don't know if the state inspection would see this, or if it would be a problem.
    Anyone have any illuminating advice??

Thanks, PeteH

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post wiring diagram? Sometimes easier to see it

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks stack, I am too new to have that authority yet I think.