Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mark IV IRS Alignments shop questions

Post Thanks / Like

Mark IV IRS Alignments shop questions

I talking to shops about getting the car aligned. I gave them the caster, camber and Toe number from the FFR installation manual for an IRS w/ power steering. They asked me what is the production car that would be the starting point for the alignment.

What do I tell them?
    Is wheel base and track important?

Thanks Gary
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    I would give them a Mustang Cobra in whichever model year had the IRS suspension.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tire Warehouse asked me the same question. Then they called tech support for their new state of the art alignment machine, who told them how to bypass that menu, which enabled them to plug in the FFR numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a FYI, if they are using a Hunter alignment system and they don't understand how to set up their system to do a custom spec alignment, might want to look for another alignment tech.

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to the local Hunter sales Rep and trainer and they also recommended some of the good alignment shops in the area. Thanks for all the good info.

Gary
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grluisi150 View Post
    I talked to the local Hunter sales Rep and trainer and they also recommended some of the good alignment shops in the area. Thanks for all the good info.

Gary
    Gary how did you come in contact with the local Hunter rep? I have concerns about finding a shop I trust to do the alignment in my area. If I could find whoever is the rep in my area that may be a good way to get a recommendation.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked as a auto tech w/ Hunter machines for about 20 yrs and agree they are one of the best. However I'd be much more concerned w/ the man than the machine. Nearly any brand made in the last 10 yrs will have plenty of accuracy so concentrate on the guy running it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about the importance of the man be hide the machine and so did the Hunter Rep. I googled Hunter alignment, on their site under customer support.
    Gary