Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WarDamnEagle Build

Post Thanks / Like

WarDamnEagle Build

IMG_3666_zpsdw21tp5q.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]63988[/ATTACHhttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/WarDamnEagle3/IMG_3666_zpsdw21tp5q.jpg

So I am experimenting with how to get pictures in here so bare with me

I was going to wait a while to order an MK4 roadster. Even bought a 99 mustang from copart, thought I would harvest it, clean up all the donor parts in my blast cabinet, maybe beg my buddy with a powder coating shop to let me in there on a Saturday, but then the flash sale came along last week...... and who can say no to a deal.

I figured I still had plenty of time, but Factory five said it will be done this week, so now I am drinking from a fire hose trying to harvest a perfectly good mustang

Having trouble deciding what motor to run. I know the stock 4.6 2v is kinda weak, but I have been ripping this thing around the neighborhood all weekend and it runs great. Hard to junk a perfectly good motor and justify the cost of a coyote. So now I am thinking about doing something a little unique and Im looking at eBay twin turbo chargers. I guess Ill see how much room I have once the motor is in the frame rails

IMG_3683_zpsn9c8ijqm.jpgIMG_3693_zpsx22cxudx.jpgIMG_3692_zpsbmksx5zm.jpgIMG_3682_zpsddpszocf.jpgIMG_3696_zpstv2zdend.jpgIMG_3680_zpsjcqhxkde.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    4.6 might feel kinda weak in a Mustang, but it's a whole different game in a 2400 lb car! Twisted flow heads and cam upgrade will really wake up that engine, too.

But that wouldn't be something different, like you're wanting. Looking forward to watching your decisions and progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Modular heads are so expensive that I would be better off with a coyote and leaving it stock.

Having this 4.6 in good condition has created a dilemma, if it were a piece of junk I would buy f150 motor and not look back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well today was the day! Jerry from Stewart showed up in the pouring rain this morning. Great communication throughout the last few days updating me on when he would make it. This guy was a real pro, didn't hesitate to drive his rig through the wet grass (most drivers would fear getting stuck) We got the car and boxes unloaded and hauled about 500 feet across the yard to the shop in less than 30 mins. There was 1 car left on the truck is was a coupe, I think he said its going to TN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDamnEagle View Post
    Well today was the day! Jerry from Stewart showed up in the pouring rain this morning. Great communication throughout the last few days updating me on when he would make it. This guy was a real pro, didn't hesitate to drive his rig through the wet grass (most drivers would fear getting stuck) We got the car and boxes unloaded and hauled about 500 feet across the yard to the shop in less than 30 mins. There was 1 car left on the truck is was a coupe, I think he said its going to TN.
    Congratulations! Now ya get to start opening all those boxes!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I was so excited on delivery day that I thought my head was going to spin off. It wears off a bit over time, but still builds up at big events, like my upcoming first engine install for fit check.

Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. Those delivery guys are pros. Sent you a PM
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy for you!! I was going to pull the trigger on the flash sale, but there was no way I could be ready in time. I look forward to seeing your build. Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't quite ready either but I couldn't pass up a sale. I didn't expect the completion date to come so fast. I just tore into the donor last week so I'm feverishly sand blasting and painting parts. Still haven't decided on what motor to use. The 4.6 ran great in the mustang but cannot get it to run on the stand. Seems to have a pats issue but I have the key, gauges and Ecm hooked up. If I have to buy a tuner and a pats delete tune then I may be better off diving into a f150 coyote instead.

Any ideas on the pats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the key close enough to the sensor to read the chip. It may be in the key switch itself. Just a SWAG.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I put the key in the sensor ring. If I hadn't driven the car last week while it was still whole I would think the transponder batter is dead or something, but I literally drove it one day then after removal cannot crank it. Maybe I was overzealous in my wire diet and clipped something I shouldn't have. As far as I know the only 3 things you must have are the ECM, the gauge cluster, and the key with transponder. I saw somewhere a post about a mythical anti theft module inside the drivers door, but have not been able to confirm, If that's the case I'm in trouble as those wires have been removed

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a neutral switch or clutch switch? If manual trans, you have to push the clutch in to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been busy harvesting parts, and cleaning and painting them. Finally getting to work on the aluminum panels. I am still very torn on whether to install the paid for 4.6 2v or step up to F150 coyote. I know what I want to do, but trying to keep cost under control.9B3B61BC-2C25-413A-8287-CC73F893D9AB_zpse97z3ofl.jpgB2319BCD-9247-47C8-93D7-93E3BF7787FD_zps8imbah1p.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good. Maybe you've read the warnings. Don't rivet that cockpit back wall until you drill and rivet the trunk floor. Otherwise you're likely to end up with some rivets locations you have a hard time reaching on the trunk floor.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.