Hello. I am new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. For a background, I consider myself semi-mechanical. I service my cars (plugs, fluids, etc) but have never taken the dive into an engine or trans. I have a strong electrical engineering background from my college days. I have always dreamed of building my own hot rod but fear rust and the like. My oldest is also big into cars and has been saying we need to build one together. So in looking around, I feel like the 33 kit has everything I would need for a first time build.
I was planning on using the factory five engine and trans to make sure everything will play nice together over finding a donor car and hoping the engine is sound and I won't have electrical issues.
Is this an unreasonable assumption?

The questions I cannot seem to find straight answers for are:

1. With the factory five engines, will the power steering on their engines work without modifications?
2. I plan to park the car and walk away at times. I would keep shaved doors so would actuators be enough to essentially lock the car (with the hardtop in place)?
3. How often does factory five run sales like they are doing now?
4. Does anyone have picture of the entry level gauges included with the kit?
5. How easy would it be to get a version of dual roll bars similar to this (https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...-photo_9.jpg)? IS there anyone that makes these?