FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seat brackets

Post Thanks / Like

Seat brackets

Can someone tell me if these will work in the 818? I don't mind building some brackets if needed, but if these will work I might just spring for them.

http://corbeau.com/subaru-wrx-01-07-seat-brackets.html

I'm currently overseas, but I'll be moving back to the US next month and plan to finally get started on my project. (Build thread coming)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wirenut View Post
    Can someone tell me if these will work in the 818? I don't mind building some brackets if needed, but if these will work I might just spring for them.

http://corbeau.com/subaru-wrx-01-07-seat-brackets.html

I'm currently overseas, but I'll be moving back to the US next month and plan to finally get started on my project. (Build thread coming)
    Wirenut,
    I can't really answer your question with out knowing your plans for the car and how big you are.

For example.
    If you are 6'+ you have to use a thin seat and mount it right to the floor.
    IMHO, you should wait and get a feel for the size of the cockpit before you purchase seats or sliders.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob,

Yeah thanks for the response. I actually took delivery on my kit last summer and understand that it is a tight fit. I was thinking of going with these seats...

http://corbeau.com/sportline-evolution-x.html

I'm 5'8" 185lbs. What do you think about fitment of these seats? Maybe I should wait...Just trying to get a jump on things so I can send less time ordering and more time building!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Corbeau FX1 Pro seats in my 818 with Corbeau flat mounting brackets (the brackets say Porsche on them). They fit well and fit me (5'7", 150#) well. I put aluminum blocks about 2" tall under the front mounting points to angle the seats back. Boyd tank. My steering column is shortened and I used Rori's mounting bracket. With this set up I have a very comfortable driving position and plenty of leg room with the seats in mid position on the sliders. As I recall, Corbeau makes two sizes of the FX1 seats. I have the smaller one. Anyone much larger would want the larger size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idf View Post
    I have Corbeau FX1 Pro seats in my 818 with Corbeau flat mounting brackets (the brackets say Porsche on them). They fit well and fit me (5'7", 150#) well. I put aluminum blocks about 2" tall under the front mounting points to angle the seats back. Boyd tank. My steering column is shortened and I used Rori's mounting bracket. With this set up I have a very comfortable driving position and plenty of leg room with the seats in mid position on the sliders. As I recall, Corbeau makes two sizes of the FX1 seats. I have the smaller one. Anyone much larger would want the larger size.
    Do you have any pictures of the install? Did you have any problems with the cross brace interfering with the slider handle? And how far can you slide the seat foward?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the install? Did you have any problems with the cross brace interfering with the slider handle? And how far can you slide the seat foward?

I used the Corbeau double locking sliders mounted to the floor. The slider handle hit the sub belt mounting tab. I moved the tab as it is in the wrong place anyway. The seat moves all the way forward until it hits the crossbar and slides all the way back till it hits the rear firewall, about 3 1/2 inches total travel.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Attached are photos of my seats, including with the thigh bolsters removed and the seat all the way forward and all the way back. Also one showing how I mounted them to get some tilt back. My mounting brackets have the single locking sliders (PN C22059). The slider handle is accessible under the cross brace. I'm not sure if the handle for the double sliders would be. Seat 1.JPGseat 2.JPGseat 3.JPGseat 4.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    cool, thanks. How do you all feel about putting the blocks under the front of the slider mounting bolt between the slider and the frame so when sliding the seat forward the seat raises 2" .

Post Thanks / Like
    cool, thanks. How do you all feel about putting the blocks under the front of the slider mounting bolt between the slider and the frame so when sliding the seat forward the seat raises 2" .
    Interesting idea. It wouldn't be hard to give it a try and see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! THis is exactly the information that I needed.