Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front suspension woes, 818c

Post Thanks / Like

Front suspension woes, 818c

In the process of install the front suspension. Had a difficult time getting the lower control arm mounts to align. The left rear bushing had to be pried on to get the bolts to line up. Now the bushings are binding and appear to be sitting at an angle. I am not sure if I mixed up the rear bushings but have installed them with the flat side facing up and in with the side with the wave in it on the lower/outer mount. I have stamped steel arms from a 2006 wagon and was using the outer holes on the frame for mounting. Am I missing something?IMG_2774.JPGIMG_2776(1).JPG

Thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were tough to install as well (kit #352). I think the bushings are tapered to match the pivot on the arm....make sure you dont have them facing the wrong way 9and on the wrong side of the car as a result).

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get to that point my plan is to Dremel to fit. Dremeling more on the aluminum bracket than on the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have # 17, many of us way back when had to use an air grinder or Dremel tool to tweak the holes...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14