Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Possible driveable donor?

Post Thanks / Like

Possible driveable donor?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum and I'm looking forward to begining my journey of an 818C build. My plan is to buy a driveable WRX and drive it for about 1 year and shake everthing out prior to using it for my donor. I was looking and found this car and was wondering if the STI block mated to the WRX head and JDM sti ver 3 4.44 ratio 5 spd transmission would cause any fitment issues. Please look this car over and tell me your thoughts, please try to ignore the wing and paint, I can suffer 1 year of cosmetics for the good guts.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/6001803412.html

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    There would be no fitment issues with any of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hindsight

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I know that dyno. I was just there last week getting my new motor put in, broke in, and tuned there. That is RevWorks. 407-542-7863 You could call the shop and they might be able to give you some info on the car. Ask for Andrew who should answer the phone or Scott the owner. They would be a big help to you building the car. They helped me with mine and know what are cars need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Taco, that will be a huge help. I still have yet to hear from the seller. I hate craigslist, it's so sketchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a big issue to take a automatic donor and make it a manual? What will I need to make it manual, tranny, pedal box, computer, slave cylinder, clutch?
    Last edited by sr71blckbrd; 02-22-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sr71blckbrd View Post
    Is it a big issue to take a automatic donor and make it a manual? What will I need to make it manual, tranny, pedal box, computer, slave cylinder, clutch?
    My 2 donors were automatics.
    tranny w/clutch & flywheel & slave cylinder
    pedal box w/clutch master cylinder
    ECU reflashed
    Minor wire changes to harness.
    Automatic cluster works. PRNDL lights don't do anything.
    Bob

Bob

/
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread