Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water Pump Studs and Bolts

Post Thanks / Like

Water Pump Studs and Bolts

Hi Everyone,

I just put an order in with Mike Forte (who is a huge help and wealth of knowledge!) for parts to turn my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer motor into a carb'd application. Since I have a new timing cover and water pump on the way, I figured I should get some new hardware to go along with it. I am having quite the time figuring out what it is I need. I see some of the water pump bolt kits include bolts and studs. Since I am not running any power steering or A/C, do I need the studs? Here are the details of my timing cover and water pump:

- Timing cover will fit mechanical fuel pump and have dipstick hole in front.
    - Water pump is standard rotation.

Can anyone point me in the direction of which bolt kit I will need for water pump and timing cover?

Thanks!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get a kit my experience is that will get you maybe 75% of the way there. And then you will look for a few bolts the correct length locally. Maybe w/ your minimal accessories you will be luckier than I was.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that seems to be what I am reading. I will call mike tomorrow and see what he sells

Post Thanks / Like
    I would check out forums like five.oh info and stangnet . I'm building a 5.0 from an Explorer and there is a lot of info on those engines in there. There are also some sights about modifications to put the 5.0 in Broncos and Rangers. It takes some searching, but you can find info on deleting A/C, Power steering, and smog pump. They may have the info you're looking for. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig baja View Post
    I would check out forums like five.oh info and stangnet . I'm building a 5.0 from an Explorer and there is a lot of info on those engines in there. There are also some sights about modifications to put the 5.0 in Broncos and Rangers. It takes some searching, but you can find info on deleting A/C, Power steering, and smog pump. They may have the info you're looking for. Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I will check it out!