BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For Sale: Mark 3 65 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale: Mark 3 65 Roadster

Mark 3 65 Roadster for sale. Loved building it, love driving it. A few reasons I am listing it for sale. Kids; driving age around the corner means more cars and he ain’t driving this one , insurance, future education, etc… so some extra cash wouldn’t hurt. Space; we’ve talked about bringing an older Mustang into the garage for my son and I to do some work on together and teach him. Driving; as my kids (and myself) have grown up, I have found I don’t drive the car as much as it should be driven other than a short drive to work.

I finished the build and titled the car back in 2008; it is titled in North Carolina and registered as a 2008 custom. Things may have changed in the last 9 years, but for me this was the most difficult part of the build because of the system that is our DMV in NC. The car has minimal body work performed; that may be a detractor for some but I see it as you can paint it any color you want.... as long as it is black . I knocked down the sharp edges on the gel coat (black) to keep the kids from getting cut during the build. I had planned and still may have paint and body done but whenever I get the itch I come home to find book bags on the trunk, or see a bicycle handle slide down the side and I think “yeah gel coat black is just right”. The black gel coat and exposed aluminum panels have grown on me over the years and I like the rough look. Gives a buyer a registered and drivable car that can be finished to their choice. The car has ~3,000 miles on it. Everything listed below was new for the build. Asking price is $32,000. Please contact me at [email protected] if interested (I forget to check the forums regularly). Located in central, NC. Will post pictures soon.

Engine:
    302 crate motor m6007 xe
    Fuel injected 30# injectors
    Ford lightning MAF
    gt40 upper intake
    BBK shorty headers ceramic coated
    Aluminum radiator
    Power Steering

Transmission:
    TKO 500 5 speed
    Short throw shifter

Front suspension:
    FFR supplied upper adjustable and lower tubular control arms
    SN95 spindles and new hubs
    Disc brakes slotted rotors; cobra calipers
    Stainless flex brake lines

Rear:
    IRS
    3.55 gears , 8.8" limited slip aluminum housing rear end
    Disc brakes slotted rotors; cobra calipers

Exterior:
    Front and rear Chrome quick jacks
    Chrome roll bars driver and passenger
    FFR powder coated frame

Interior:
    Carbon fiber dash
    14” Leather steering wheel
    Pro Comp gauges
    Driver seat slider

Wiring:
    Car is wired with an I squared MOSFET control system
    Optima red top battery

Wheels and tires:
    17” FR500
    315/35 ZR17 G force TA KD
    245/45 ZR17 G force TA KD
    Last edited by dave327nc; 04-06-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got around to uploading some pics.

IMG_7243.JPGIMG_7244.JPGIMG_7241.JPGIMG_7242.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Spring 2018 Update

Updating my listing with reduced price; asking $29,000. I had several contacts and a few offers last year but it just wasn't the right situation.

The car is still in the same condition as original write up with a couple hundred more miles. This will be a great car for someone who wants a finished, non- donor build, that is registered and on the road. Spring is here and the cobra is ready to put on the exact color you want.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] with questions.

Thanks, Dave