Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cobra Complete Kit is on order for May delivery

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cobra Complete Kit is on order for May delivery

Hi All!

Went to Build school in the fall of 2016. Now I can't wait for May. Body buck is built. Garage is clean and ready for the start of this adventure!

Mike in Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.
    What options did you order? What is your build plan?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mike, I know how you feel about the wait, I ordered on Jan 19 and my kit is due Mar 18. I don't think my garage can get any cleaner.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makgecko2017 View Post
    Hi All!

Went to Build school in the fall of 2016. Now I can't wait for May. Body buck is built. Garage is clean and ready for the start of this adventure!

Mike in Wisconsin

It was great speaking with you yesterday about what's coming in May. I also went to the school and found it to be a good introduction to the build. Be sure to stay in touch as your delivery day approaches and don't hesitate to ask questions as they arrise. I have found the build threads on the forum to be excellent and everyone is extremely helpful.

Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike - Congratulations, can't wait to hear more details. Enjoy the journey you're about to embark on and make sure to use this forum to the fullest.

Jay - Looks like you'll have a place nearby to drive your FFR soon so Mike has a completed car to look at during his build!!!! Happy to meet you guys, too, as I'm always looking for a destination.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations From The Dark Side!
    You've Come To The Right Place!
    Welcome To The Insanity!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm so excited I can't even think straight....I'll keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know I'm in great hands!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I thought of something after we chatted the other day. I recently picked up my tires and had them mounted on my Halibrands. I installed them on the car but still have the car up on a chassis dolly for ease of moving it around, added height for working, etc... By the time your car arrives in May I will definitely be done with the dolly though. I have to say, it's been awesome having that dolly(Attached pic for reference). If interested it's yours. I have no idea what else I'd do with it so it was just going to be a 'pay it forward' to some forum member.

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Mike. Just a little bit more until the tractor trailer pulls up to your house...
    IMG_20170215_142504.jpg
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike. A suggestion. Go to 'Settings' and then 'Edit Signature' and add details of your order/build. Things like engine size, suspension etc. This info is really helpful when we try to answer a question. Oh and welcome. This car will change your life.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike,

Congrats,

I know the feeling and you will have endless pleasure building that car. I have anjoyed the fun and all the hurdles along the way, this is a great forum with many many great guys whom will help you out.

Bob
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Mike
    Exciting time for you. I remember it well. Enjoy your build. One suggestion, call FFR before it is shipped and have them take some pics of your car in the shop waiting for delivery. You'll be glad you did when you look back on your progress it'll be nice to see it back then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the offer TJ...I'll take you up on that offer.....Awesome....Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to ask a favor of you Mike. When your Mk4 arrives could I bother you for a couple of pics? I took hundreds of mine in all stages of build but somehow I forgot to take pics of body on chassis showing the edge of the fiberglass in relation to the dash hoop and the aluminum panel on the rear of the cockpit. I need to see how much clearance there is for the dash and the carpet. My dash face is almost 1/2" out from hoop. Already shaved 1/4" of the fiberglass off the rolled edge. Hoping it's enough for clearance. Thanks
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ill take some pics for you....Keep in touch with me....