BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turbo 4.6L DOHC

Post Thanks / Like

Turbo 4.6L DOHC

I'm a new member to the community and am beginning the long, but hopefully fun and certainly rewarding build process of a Mark IV. I have searched for this topic, but have not found anything useful yet. I spoke to Dan in tech support today who reassured me that I'm not the first one to walk down this path. Ideally I like to chat with, perhaps even take a look at a Mark IV with this same set-up. I've got the 4.6 4V and Tremec T45 from my old 96' Cobra (just picked it up on Sunday, having the best part of my old car back home again is like reconnecting with a friend from high school). 2nd request is recommendations on an engine shop who is not only experienced with these specific engines, but also in my area, Metro Kansas City, who can finish getting the engine set-up for the turbos including dyno testing. My plan is to get the engine completely ready to install, short of the final piping for exhaust and induction side of the turbos.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to this discussion. I got the call today that my roadster will deliver next week. I harvested my donor 4.6 2v last week and working on my wire diet now. I too am thinking twin hairdryers on the front sounds like a good idea. This is my first experience with these mod motors and they are so wide I'm afraid of how much room is under the hood for plumbing. I am also a little fearful of the tuning process.

good luck with your build, looking forward to the updates

Post Thanks / Like
    On the "other forum", ffcars, there is a section for modular engines.
    A lot more info there. You could start with http://www.ffcars.com/forums/45-ford...-6-builds.html.

Good luck!