Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cobra Corral at the Mitty Road Atlanta April 21-23, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Cobra Corral at the Mitty Road Atlanta April 21-23, 2017

Is anyone planning to go to the Mitty at Road Atlanta April 21-23, 2017? There will be a "Car Corrals of the World" where they will be reserving areas for car clubs. Free parade laps being given away for all car clubs. I know this is the weekend before the DSCC Cruise.

Classic Motorsports has this on their website: https://www.themitty.com/news/

GET YOUR CAR CLUB TO THE MITTY

February 13, 2017
    Want to plan a fun get-away for your car club? The Classic Motorsports Mitty is the perfect weekend, with lots of automotive-centric events and camping allowed throughout the infield. We'll even reserve a whole area for you and your club in the "Car Corrals of the World."

We're also giving free parade laps away to all car clubs in attendance. Want to save your spot? Email Miles Wilson.

Let me know if you plan to go and I will contact Miles for the group.

Gary

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

I will definitely be there. I plan on bringing the RV up on Thursday afternoon, when the gates open, so I can get my usual parking spot near vendor alley. I'll have my FFR up there, as well. We can set up the grill and have a cookout one night ... maybe even talk Bob Stuke into smoking a Boston Butt for us.

Please go ahead and get a Cobra corral set up. Maybe the Chattanooga folks will come down again. Sure hated to miss the Mitty last year but am looking forward to this year.

Thanks,
    Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my tickets in the mail for the Mitty. I still plan on arriving on Thursday and getting set up.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I have received my tickets in the mail for the Mitty as well. I will see you there.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Cobra Corral at the Mitty Road Atlanta April 21-23, 2017

I received this update for the 2017 Mitty at Road Atlanta from Rick @ Grass Roots Motorsports.

We would love to have your Cobra club attend the Mitty. Just as in year’s past, you can park in the American car corral and also park in a group. Corral parking is included in the price of the ticket and no special pass required. Parade laps are free on Friday and Sunday with Porsche only parade lap on Saturday since they are the featured marque.

A new addition this year will the BF Goodrich Garage. It will be set up on vendor’s row next to our tent and will have a Vehicle Dynamics clinic on Saturday with Kyle Tucker of Detroit Speed. They are looking for some of the guys and gals in the American car corral to join them for lunch and the clinic on Saturday.

This is the 40th anniversary of the Classic Motorsports Mitty.

I am checking with Rick to see if touring lap tickets are available for purchase for Saturday. I will update this post with what I find out. Paid touring laps are $50.

Link to Tickets: http://www.hsrtickets.com/19-2017-the-mitty
    Link to Schedule: https://www.themitty.com/schedule/

Gary

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    One last call for the Walter Mitty Vintage Races at Road Atlanta. If you like vintage racing, this is the place to be. Come on down and bring your Cobra to the American Car Corral.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    For those wondering where the American Car Corral will be located, I have attached a picture of Road Atlanta. The area outlined in red is where the corrals are located. The red arrow at the top of the outlined area is where Garry parks his RV. You can find other Cobra enthusiasts hanging around the corrals and Garry's RV. lots of Good people so stop by. The yellow arrow is the main entrance to Road Atlanta. Just come through the gates, go down the hill and up to the bridge, go across the bridge and you will see the corrals on both side of the road. Porsche will have the main event corral this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Gary

2017 MItty Road Atlanta-aerial.jpg

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be grilling burgers and hot dogs for dinner on Saturday night. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for dinner so that I may plan appropriately ... don't want anyone to go hungry! BYOB!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice Gary
    I would enjoy that event. But I plan on running my first rally cross event this weekend
    ( autocross in dirt )
    Cant wait
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark,

Sounds like a whole different ball game ... autocross in the dirt! Have fun!

I'll be at FFR Open House but without a car. Just flying in for the day. I will also be at Mid-Ohio and LCS (with the car).

BTW, I did go with the EBC Yellow brake pads and I feel much more confident with my braking ability. The calipers were '96 Mustang Cobra all the way around not Mustang GT or TBird. Caused some confusion at Summit Racing but finally got it figured out.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    So Garry Bopp had to change the camping location for his RV due to Road Atlanta making some changes.

The location for where Garry is parking is not a big deal but this map shows where turn 10A. See the new map.

Garry, I will be at the track tomorrow. See everyone this weekend.

Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

Just to clarify my position. The arrow points to the 10A on the outside of the track. I am parked on the inside of the track on turn 10A.

Thanks for posting the map! Most of the nice parking spots are "reserved" and I did not have a reservation, thinking that I could park in the usual spot. This place works OK ... perhaps I will reserve a spot next year!

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Bopp; 04-20-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added text
    I sure miss my coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have updated the map for the location of Garry Bopp's RV. See red arrows for infield parking location.

Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    There did not seem to be as large a turnout as past years. I missed checking this thread, so did not drop by the motor home, but checked out the cobra corral and watched the races.
    I am Cobra-less now, but always enjoy the Mitty.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy, JL!

Wondered why I hadn't heard from you in a long time. "Cobra-less"? Say it's not so! Oh, well, life goes on.

Sorry we missed you at the Mitty. Not much of a Cobra turnout this year. Friday and Saturday were great but Sunday rained all day. Yuk!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!