BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quaife Diff for 2007 WRX 5 Speed

Post Thanks / Like

Quaife Diff for 2007 WRX 5 Speed

I am really confused now that I have read the transmission sticky and then ran across this thread:

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-The-Race-Line

The Quaife web site lists the QDH3Y as having female output like my 2007 5sp transmission and shows it is applicable for all non-STI trans:

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/catalogsea...3&model=510&q=

All the other info I have found (and listed at other vendors) indicate I should order the QDH1Y which has male output shafts (again, my trans has female ends) and use earlier axles with female joints. The Quaife web site above indicates I should order the QDH3Y which does have female ends. Will the QDH3Y fit the 2007 5 speed is the question.

The reason for all this rambling is i have found several new Quaife QDH3Y diffs available for under $700 delivered, quite a discount from the ~ $1,200 or so for the QDH1Y plus a change of axles.

I am probably opening all kinds of discussion again even though this issue probably been thought to be closed and answered! I will appreciate any input and will go hide again until the next crisis!
    ~ Mark

818C S/N 429ES: Start Date 1 September 2016
    2001 NB Miata LS3 V8 440 rwhp
    2004 Miata MazdaSpeed Factory Turbo

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want the QDH3Y. It will work with the axles and CV joints that you have for your year donor.

Here is my write-up on installing that exact part in that exact year transmission: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ions-with-pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for your write up about the LSD install and confirming the QDH3Y was the correct part for this install. I am ordering a diff Monday and see if it is as advertised especially at the price. I will update when received so if others want a diff they may order there own.
    ~ Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Received the Quaife differential today and it is as advertised. Trial fit looks good in the 2007 5MT trans this afternoon. If this is of interest, search eBay for a 'Quaife QDH3Y' and there are several listings but the one I purchased was from autotech_sport_tuning for $654.00 delivered. Quite a deal. This unit is for male axles (the diff has female input stubs). Thanks to Hindsight for confirming this part number.
    ~ Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great price fastzrex. Thanks for sharing. That makes getting an LSD so much more patatable. Off the fence now, and on the two-wheeled peel side, lol! Hindsight, I guess that same number would work in an '05 5-speed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I bought the QDH3Y from the same vendor last week. It's been on my list, but I've been putting it off. When I saw this thread last week I looked it up, saw the price and immediately ordered. It comes out of California. Delivered as advertised and a little quicker than quoted. Still about a month out from starting my build (I'm overseas) but that was one of the last pieces I needed to get started.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FURNACE View Post
    That is a great price fastzrex. Thanks for sharing. That makes getting an LSD so much more patatable. Off the fence now, and on the two-wheeled peel side, lol! Hindsight, I guess that same number would work in an '05 5-speed?
    If the 05 has inner CV's with male ends that fit inside of the transmission (differential), then yes. So just look at your CVs and that will tell you. I THINK 05 was the first year for that, but it could have been 04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone used the MFactory diff yet or will I be the first?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hindsight.
    Our transmission is definitely an "innie".[ATTACH]65105
    This is my first photo post. See if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I just shelled out for an LSD. I've done many motorcycle gear boxes back in the day, but I'm sure that Hindsight's write up will definitely come in handy.
    This is a great forum!