FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blueprint motors

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blueprint motors

Anyone on here have a blueprint motor? What are your thoughts of full Motor and trans(tko600).

Thanks Mike

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to throw our hat in the ring as far as Engine / Tranny pkgs go. Engine Factory has been a Gold supporting vendor for approx 10 years
    http://www.fordcobraengines.com/prod...reted-5-speed/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,
    I purchased a Blueprint 306 long block with their aluminum high performance heads last fall. I spent the fall adding a Flowcooler waterpump, Edelbrock intake manifold, Edelbrock 600cfm carb, Edelbrock fuel pump, MSD pro-billet distributor, and accessory drive package from CVF Racing with 100A 1-wire alternator and Saginaw power steering pump. In the last month I finished the powerplant up with a Ford Performance bellhousing and forged flywheel, Ram clutch, Ford Performance T-5z tranny, and Forte hydraulic clutch mechanism kit. I expect to FINALLY have it installed and running by the end of March.
    IMG_0443a.JPGIMG_0710.JPG
    The main reasons I chose Blueprint was because of the warranty and their reputation. It's already been 6 months that I have had the engine and it hasn't been run yet. If I only had a 1 year warranty there wouldn't be much left by the time I am up and running. I also liked that the engine was run and dynoed at their shop before it was shipped to me. The dyno sheet for the engine shows max Hp of 397 at 6000rpm and better than 360ft-lb of torque from 3500-5500rpm. That seems pretty good to me for a 306 and plenty for my car.
    blueprint306.jpg
    I will post more info after I install the engine in my chassis and do the first start.
    John S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another perspective- i have an Engine Factory 302 motor/trans combo that i installed 6 months ago. Great motor with plenty of power IMG_2004 - Copy.jpg IMG_2982.JPG
    MKIV Roadster #8862
    Order Date- 4/4/16
    Delivery Date- 4/30/16
    Completion 1/15/17

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 347 from Blue print./ I am happy even with warranty after the sale. Great engine . I will definitely buy from them again.

IMG_1389.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Engine Factory 427 and I was told warranty period begins when engine is started.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike- Thanks for your interest in BluePrint Engines.

We are relatively new to the Factory Five scene but are excited that Dave Smith and the team at Factory Five have chosen to recommend our engine packages and bring us into the Factory Five world!

Here’s a video from SEMA 2016 explaining the partnership between Factory Five and BluePrint Engines check it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32qjNEKFTc

We'd love to visit with you about your plans.

-BluePrint Engines

www.BluePrintEngines.com
    www.FactoryFiveEngines.com
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased my Ford 306 and TKO with mid-shift option from Mike Forte and am really very pleased with it. I shopped all of the vendors, including Blueprint, and made the final decision based on the positive interactions I had with Mike and his willingness to take time with me to explain his options and, of course, pricing. Mike was among the most competitive in terms of cost. His warranty is consistent with the other vendors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Blue Print to be a little more expensive than others. I went with a 408 Keith Craft and have been very happy.
    FFR Complete MKIV Kit (#8271)
    Ordered: Jan 21, 14, Registered: Aug 19, 15
    408 Keith Craft Engine (512 hp, 534 ftlb), Tremec TKO600, Fast EFI, 8.8 Solid 3.55:1 Rear End, FFR Replica Halibrands (9 & 10-1/2"),
    Dual Chrome Roll Bars/Bumpers/Polished Exhaust, Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Another very satisfied BluePrint customer here! Purchased a 347 long block from them. It arrived in pristine condition with dyne sheets included. Their phone support has always been prompt, friendly, and accurate. The motor has great power, and when you throw in the warranty, it's a great value for the money.

Feel free to contact me if you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mk2 came with a new Blueprint 306 and has been very strong for the time I had my car. Definitely recommend them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Blueprint 347 customer here.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a newbie, I have some questions regarding these engine choices I'm hoping someone can help provide some answers. My newly purchased MK4 (Mecum Auction) has a Ford 5.0 cobra engine from vintage mustang 87-93 and a T5 Trans. Engine runs well but no powerhouse for sure, and high gearing in the IRS rear end doesn't help. So I'm looking at replacing the power train.
    1) will the headers on the 5.0 fit the 347 block or will I need a new set of headers ?
    2) will the T5 hold up to normal use with the higher torque of the 347 motors ?
    3) if the TKO transmission is required, will the shifter location be the same ?

I won't be racing the car but will drive in spirited fashion on the street at times. What would you advise ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb-Mike View Post
    As a newbie, I have some questions regarding these engine choices I'm hoping someone can help provide some answers. My newly purchased MK4 (Mecum Auction) has a Ford 5.0 cobra engine from vintage mustang 87-93 and a T5 Trans. Engine runs well but no powerhouse for sure, and high gearing in the IRS rear end doesn't help. So I'm looking at replacing the power train.
    1) will the headers on the 5.0 fit the 347 block or will I need a new set of headers ?
    2) will the T5 hold up to normal use with the higher torque of the 347 motors ?
    3) if the TKO transmission is required, will the shifter location be the same ?

I won't be racing the car but will drive in spirited fashion on the street at times. What would you advise ?
    Your questions are off topic from the original thread. You would probably get more responses with a separate thread. But briefly, (1) A 347 is the same block size as your 87-93 5.0. Just bored and stroked. Header fitment will depend on the heads as well. If you use standard height heads your existing headers should still fit. (2) Probably, but depends on how you drive, how sticky your tires, and how strong your 347 is. Wide range in output. Perhaps a difference which T5 you have also. Some are rated higher than others. (3) Probably not.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-05-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and my apologies for the off-topic questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do your homework well; big purchase and reputation and customer service of engine builder is crucial. Warranty is a critical factor - one year goes by fast when your building a car (and juggling work & family). If a warranty that begins at first start is an option, that's a tremendous consideration if you are not on the fast track with your build. There are several threads concerning forum members' personal 'engine buying' experiences with various FORUM VENDORS, so - I would carefully peruse those.