Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Rear Wings

So i'm having trouble deciding, i think the APR wing is too much but then sometimes I look at fastthings car and it makes me think it evens out the rear of the car but at times I think the wing is positioned too high which I'm sure the wing can be brought down lower to the body.... I like the other wing that Shane sells but it seems like its not enough. I go back and forth but I'm pretty sure either way I at least need to put the universal mount on before I put the body on that way either wing is an option later.

Shane, I saw that the gel coat wing can be mounted directly to the body according to your website, but it was for Gen 1 is that correct? I believe it said something about a Gen 2 gel coat wing in development? Any updates on that?

If any one else has ideas about the rear of the car feel free to chime in

Post Thanks / Like
    reached out awhile ago to someone on the other forum I believe and he sent me these photos of him molding a wing for his GTM, I really liked this one but I'd have to see it in person before taking the plunge to permanently mold a wing onto the body, thought I'd share it though

Post Thanks / Like
    The only wing mount system I have right now is the Steel Universal Wing Mount system. I have wing mount stands to fit the APR GTC-300, the GT-250, my custom Gelcoat wing....and I also have one set (if my memory is correct) of custom lowered stands for the GTC-300 that will lower the wing 3" from my standard mounting height....which is about as low as you're going to get without the wing hitting the body. I had one pair of these stands made for another customer who canceled his order after the stands were already made. Those are made to work with the Steel Universal Wing Mount. All of the above works for both Gen I and Gen II GTMs.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee that kinda looks like the first clay model of the GTM which was never produced...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts