FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel and brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel and brake lines

I need some clarity please. I have a tube full of lines that say brake line. Different sizes. I however do not have any fuel lines? Are the larger ones to be used as fuel lines? Or do I need to purchase fuel lines? I have been reading about Steel ones, and how they should be used for various reasons. Anyone have a recommendation? or link to some quality ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Larger are the fuel lines. Engine choice should be considered in determining fuel line size and if return is needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that the standard brake line size included with the kit is 3/16" and that size is common throughout the system. Fuel lines are generally either 5/16" or 3/8" depending upon your engine choice and fuel flow requirements related to the type of induction; EFI, carburetor, etc, and whether or not you require a return line to the fuel tank. I am uncertain what size fuel lines are included in the kit.

Others here have more experience than me and and can likely provide better information.

Post Thanks / Like
    The small 3/16 lines are your brake lines. The biggest in the tube, the 5/16, is your fuel pressure. The 1/4 lines are for return.

As stated before, what you use for fuel and return depends on your setup. These are stock sizes for the 87 - 93 5.0 Mustang.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019