Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Main relay stays energized

Post Thanks / Like

Main relay stays energized

I am finishing up my harness from a 2002 WRX donor. I have shortened wires and removed:
    -Fog lights
    -DRL
    -Power mirrors
    -Power windows
    -Power locks

I began testing the lighting circuits and found the turn signals would remain on when I turned the key to the off position. I also found the fuel, pump head lights remained on. I found the main relay remains energized when the key is off although when the battery is disconnected and then reconnected the relay does not energize until the key is placed in the on position. Checking the voltage to the relay with the key on the LgW wire has 12V. With the key in the off position, the LgW wire has ~6 volts keeping the relay energized. When I check the LgW wire after connecting the battery and before placing the key in the on position there is 0V.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Main relay.PNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I just had to start a new thread I guess.....After a few nights troubleshooting, that putting up a post, I found the problem. There is a ground wire that attaches to the intake on the driver side that was not connected. Once connecting things are working as they should!