Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: engine cover mounting question

Post Thanks / Like

engine cover mounting question

i cant remember who do this but i remember seeing that somebody came up with a method to slide the front of the engine cover into something and only needed hood pins in the rear of the cover? any body have similar ideas in tere built threads? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't remember who. Maybe Rori? I think you have it reversed though. They had a piece of angle in the rear (don't remember what mounted to what or how it mounted) but it let the lip on the rear of the engine cover slip under the angle and then pivot down to use pins in the front.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Samiam, you may be thinking of the hinge I made for the engine cover with a piece of angle across the rear edge. It worked well and here's a photo of mine but Mike Everson, Replicaparts.com, is a forum vender who sells a much better hinge for the engine cover. And, as Craig said, the front of the cover is held with pins.

frt eng cover hinge 75.jpg

Check Replicaparts.com for a prettier hinge.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).