Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stay on as a vendor?

Post Thanks / Like

Stay on as a vendor?

I've been a vendor on the forum for several years now and our business has dropped to
    virtually nothing. If I sold 10 shirts outside of the Summer Run last year, that would be a lot.

So, I find myself asking, why? Is it people don't know about us? Is it people don't
    like the type of designs or products we have? Price?

Looking for your thoughts, thanks in advance!
    FFR4784CP - The first coupe with a "Falk'n Bubble"
    http://www.replicapromotions.com

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought from you way back from the other forum. IMO, You have nice product but your visibility is very low.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been on this forum since spring '16. This is the first time I was aware of your business. I could not even tell what it was that you sell until I searched around and clicked your link. Your shirts look nice. Wish I would have seen them in December when I was telling my kids to get me a couple of t-shirts for Christmas. You should try to promote your product more. Maybe a sale message and some kind of logo on your posting that identifies you.
    As a small business owner myself I wish you the best but get out and let folks know that you have a good product.
    John S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know about you either.
    I am aware the vendor tab is up there but I never really click on it and look to see what is offered. The vendors I have used are generally because someone recommends them in a build thread or something.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of you either, and when clicking on your link I see this..

"You've attempted to access or hot-link to a file from an un-authorized referring site. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...endor&p=269716 / www.replicapromotions.com"

Not sure what that means, or where the problem is, but it happens if I try to visit your website directly from my phone too. That's not going to help
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Actually, your timing is great! I have a hat and button-shirt I purchased a couple years ago and wanted to order a replacement hat and another shirt, but I didn't know or remember where to begin to look.

So to answer your question, I would agree that you are a good vendor, but need to work on getting your name and product out there.

(I'm going to go home and double-check sizes, then will be re-ordering this week!)
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Non of the links to your site from here work for me - just get an error message.
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I think I have the access fixed for those who I see tried to access the site today from this forum. I've had
    to resort to blocking all IP ranges outside the US because of the damn hackers who seem to think they can find something
    useful on my website... I will be updating it over the next couple of weeks which should help as well.

I hear you about 'advertising'... at the same time, I find it annoying when vendors keep pushing products at people which
    is why I've stayed pretty silent before. I absolutely HATE spammers and even this thread bothers me that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an Idea,

I used to sell paint protection film and advertised on several forums. What I would do to generate more attention than the banner ads was product giveaways. EG, I would go to Roadfly and give away a set of headlight protectors to the first however many responders. The forums loved the traffic, the members loved the free stuff, I loved the advertising and nobody ever accused me of spamming. It was cheap and a win win for everyone. I gave away a little and made a bunch because when anyone on the forum wanted paint film they would call me first.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
    Thanks guys! I think I have the access fixed for those who I see tried to access the site today from this forum. I've had
    to resort to blocking all IP ranges outside the US because of the damn hackers who seem to think they can find something
    useful on my website... I will be updating it over the next couple of weeks which should help as well.

I hear you about 'advertising'... at the same time, I find it annoying when vendors keep pushing products at people which
    is why I've stayed pretty silent before. I absolutely HATE spammers and even this thread bothers me that way.
    I guess I cant buy anything from New Zealand then? No access from here.
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it annoying when vendors keep pushing products at people which
    is why I've stayed pretty silent before.
    My 2c - it's not spamming if you're a sponsor here and you do it occasionally (monthly?). I haven't looked up what rules you sponsors have here (I'm sure the admin can help you there), but new members appear all the time, and they're the most likely to buy.. new car.. new hobby, etc. I think you did well to post this thread.. and I'll be looking at your site next.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone who hasn't looked at them. The "camp shirt" on his site is very high quality, super comfortable, and his price is less than the same shirt as Summit. I travel for a living and the cobra roadster shirt has been my go to travel shirt for a very long time and I still get complements on about every other flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you and the other vendors need to talk to FFR. I have been on this forum since the beginning and never clicked on "Vendors" until just now. Maybe they could work out something where that banner across the top could rotate through all the vendors. Better, the vendors could use the right most 1.5 inches vertically of the screen as a vertical billboard. They would need to move so all vendors get exposure. The other forum is a bit too commercial but I think there could be something between that and nothing. Seems to me that, if you are paying a fee to be a vendor, you should get more than an OK to be somewhere that I need to search for. Requiring me to do something to see you is not advertising.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thanks for the feedback! Hotyacht, I sent you a PM and I added what I believe is your IP
    range to the site so you should be able to see the site now. Unfortunately, I can't include free
    shipping overseas because in most cases, it costs more than the shirts do, but if you let me know
    what items you might be interested in, I can see what our options are.

I will have to do some updates on the website, looks like some of the campshirts are no longer
    available from the supplier. I will have to take them down later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    tfalk, check your pm
    thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do think a new website would help conversion (once people reach your site).
    As far as awareness, most of the vendors I have discovered are very active on the forum - giving tips, advice and posting on their own builds. I understand your product isnt a part of a build, so that might be a bit more difficult, but I do think it would help.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would also help your site traffic to keep the site up to date and change it frequently. In addition there is information on the internet of how to get your site linked to other sites.

Also, I did not see a design for the 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some of the hats, T-Shirts & Sweat shirts. Very happy with the quality & like the custom FFR 8234 chassis number beneath the COBRA designs in my cars colors. Would recommend the products 100%
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some hats and shirts from you - very nice quality! I think a monthly post with some good pictures of your products would boost sales. Maybe a monthly special?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post
    Also, I did not see a design for the 818.
    Good point... I had a design drawn up by a friend, never got it digitized, would this work as a base?

FFR818c.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a vendor on the forum for several years now and our business has dropped to
    virtually nothing. If I sold 10 shirts outside of the Summer Run last year, that would be a lot.

So, I find myself asking, why? Is it people don't know about us? Is it people don't
    like the type of designs or products we have? Price?

Looking for your thoughts, thanks in advance!
    i bought a few tshirts a few years ago but the quality is so good they are lasting forever! kidding aside, I am due for an order. What happened to the "ibuilt" shirts that had serial numbers?? those are great and everyone comments when i wear it.

also i gallery section would be nice. tough to know what a 'large" design is compared to a standard one, etc. just a thought
    Last edited by MisterAdam; 03-01-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ted at Replica Promotions has been supplying quality race gear and vintage race car apparel to the Thunder Valley Racing team for more than 10 years! Five time competitors at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, and many years as competitors in the FFR Challenge Series, our crew has always sported race wear from Replica Promotions. Ted is a gem to work with and the quality of his products have always been outstanding! As a long-time supporter of the Forum and a fellow car builder, Ted is a true brother in these car adventures.

Karen Salvaggio
    Team Owner
    #28 Thunder Valley Racing

Daughter (and FFR spec racer owner) Tracy Marshall with our grandson Evan at his first enduro...

Team Thunder Valley Racing's Roman Vaisman (Lead Data Team) and Ryan Althoff (Lead Fuel Team)
    Last edited by vnmsss; 03-02-2017 at 01:21 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have an "iBuilt" shirt from the original forum. I honestly did not know if you were still around, as that shirt is too big for me now. As a paid vendor, reaching out with a monthly sales/discount post, contest, new product line addition/news type of thing is certainly not out of line and I see other vendors do it as well. Mother's Day sale in May, Father's Day sale in June, etc.

A new website, while a nice thought, isn't as critical as simply getting people there and exposing your brand on the forum more. As long as the site works and people can easily place an order without having to reach out to a CSR email or phone number they'll come and order.

Look at something like FFMetal. Very basic site but ordering is easy.

All that said, I need to get a smaller shirt and will be happy to buy again next week (going out of town for work tomorrow).

Best of luck Ted!

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Another idea. The blipshift.com model where a single design goes on sale for a limited time. Orders filled after the sale so no excess inventory. I think guys would enjoy it and not see it as spam.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    can I add my comments... that Your clothing is some of the best I've purchased! Way higher thread count compared to other polo shirts! And my fleece blanket has served as a pillow or a blanket covering as I curl up in my car when traveling. Jake takes great pride wearing the Pride and Joy hat he "stole" from my car! I'll place a new order for another blanket and other stuff shortly.
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmsss View Post
    Ted at Replica Promotions has been supplying quality race gear and vintage race car apparel to the Thunder Valley Racing team for more than 10 years! Five time competitors at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, and many years as competitors in the FFR Challenge Series, our crew has always sported race wear from Replica Promotions. Ted is a gem to work with and the quality of his products have always been outstanding! As a long-time supporter of the Forum and a fellow car builder, Ted is a true brother in these car adventures.

Karen Salvaggio
    Team Owner
    #28 Thunder Valley Racing
    Ted-

That's high praise right there! I think many others have posted some good suggestions as well. Frankly, I think it's a matter of awareness of your company. Perhaps incorporating a few of the ideas here, and some other creative ideas might make a significant difference. I hope you decide to stay, and I hope you ultimately find that it was worth your efforts!

Best of luck!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thank you all for the comments and suggestions!

Unfortunately, I had to discontinue the iBuild printed shirts even though they were our best seller. The garment printer
    I have is based on an Epson 2200 which was discontinued by Epson over 5 years ago. Parts are virtually impossible
    to find and the print head alone is $350+ if you can even find one. Combined with the cost of the ink, it's just not
    feasible to keep it running any more and I can't justify $15K for a new one. I can look into doing that type of design
    as something like a jacket back/front but due to the stitch counts, I don't believe anyone would want to spend the kind
    of money it would take to make it worthwhile. T-shirts won't hold that high of a stitch count. Maybe I will digitize
    the design and put it up on the site for sweatshirts and hoodies, they are heavy enough to hold a higher stitch
    count, I'm just not convinced people would want to pay $60+ for a sweatshirt or hoodie, but I could be mistaken.

We don't just do car stuff, we can do company logos, etc. If you like our designs but don't see a particular style
    or garment on the website, please ask and I will see what I can come up with.

Again, thanks everyone!