Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Build delete intems ?

Post Thanks / Like

Build delete intems ?

This question is for all those who have built/are building and have a real good understanding of what is/is not needed BASED on your build.

I like others here plan on a lot of new/aftermarket solutions from the vendors, upgrades from old parts with great looks !.

My donor was an 04 RS, I purchased an ej207/trans for the power. After tear down, many parts are just not what I want to use ( ie the front LCAs - replacing with the 06 aluminum )
    The electrical was a mess, also the RS was an 2.5NA auto car, so I am going Painless and a MegaSquirt.

Here is what I think will be unused parts in the kit while looking at the packaging list.
    80318 - Steering rack mount - (going vendor)
    80238 - Push Pull cable - (MR2 - set up with bell crank)
    26185 - Shifter
    80312 - Hood pin set - (want an actual pull hood release, like our 85 RX7 type)
    80007 - Stop tail lights - (like other aftermarkets better)
    BOX 5 - lines and Coolant tubes - (going vendor)
    Fuel tank - (boyds or other front mount)
    80279 - Fuel sending unit ? - (why did I save the unit from the Scooby if one is included)

Again, What was in the kit that you either didn't use, or replace with something better ?
    I'd hate to have a box full of stuff I am not going to need,use,or upgrade.

Thank you for the input, Be safe.
    "E"

Post Thanks / Like
    I made my own seat brackets because I used different seats. Not sure how universal the current supplied ones are.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a new tank from factory five that uses the two donor sender's mine seems to work fine. I didn't use supplied mirror brackets used aftermarket mirrors, I replacing the aluminium trim rings for the mesh with edge guard.i didn't use intercooler aluminium ducts (went side mount ic). Non FF5 upgrades replaced brakes with 4/2 pots, STI pan baffle and dipstick, megasquirt 3X for management and built my own harness, smic, outfront motorsports fuel rails 800cc injectors 16g turbo, intercooler sprayer, jbperformance dual VR conditioner boards for avcs and traction control. Biggest fix before you go too far is seat belt anchor points figure them out before cockpit aluminium is installed if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the items you mention, I didn't use any of the center console aluminum but that depends on what you are doing. Have you seen what Andrew (Aero STI) did with his interior? Also a few others going in that direction.
    You might want to consider deleting the lights. Many are going for the projector or LED halo's or other upgrades available on the market.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
    Have you seen what Andrew (Aero STI) did with his interior? Many are going for the projector or LED halo's or other upgrades available on the market.
    Yes ! that is something else. Got a link to the lights ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the FFR lights but with projectors and switchback halos from retrofitsource, and others have gone with Spyder lights which have more adjustability.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015