Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 IRS / Wheel size

Post Thanks / Like

2015 IRS / Wheel size

My mk4 kit is on its way soon.

I ordered the 2015 IRS. Stock brakes.

Had originally assumed I would use 17" wheels - but was leaning towards Bullitts or something similar rather than the Halibrands.

The more I read though the more I am worried about the caliper hitting.

Anyone running the 2015 IRS with stock brakes and something other than the Halibrands?

If you are - show me a link to go shopping!

Thanks
    Greg Hevron

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 2015 IRS with 18s in my MK4. they are halibrand styled and look great. Only problem is you have VERY limited tire selection. With the 17s that would not be a problem. Don't know about the different wheels having clearance issues. Good luck.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah - that's what got me nervous. My original response to the concern was simply step up to the 18". can't find bullitt 18" wide enough for 315 tires, and can't find tires either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JRL16 View Post
    I have the 2015 IRS with 18s in my MK4. they are halibrand styled and look great. Only problem is you have VERY limited tire selection. With the 17s that would not be a problem. Don't know about the different wheels having clearance issues. Good luck.
    For what it is worth I didn't find many more tire options on the 17s than were available on the 18s. Seems as wheel sizes continue to increase in the future there is the possibility the 18s will be a better choice for options than the 17s. I am running the 18" Halibrands though so I cant comment on other wheels and brake clearance.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides