BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New builder in Pittsburgh

Post Thanks / Like

New builder in Pittsburgh

Howdy everyone,

Just registered for the forums and wanted to say hello. I'm starting up an 818 project here soon... engine is already in the works.

Have been lurking for awhile - reading peoples build threads, gathering ideas and setting myself up for as smooth a process as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness, Nate. What are your plans? What engine is in the works?
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Welcome to the madness, Nate. What are your plans? What engine is in the works?
    I'm going to be doing an 818c

Engine wise - I am probably going to go with an IAG short block - one of their 'Stage 2' offerings (99.75 bore). I have a spare set of D25 heads that are going over to Moore Performance for some work: port/valve/springs/268 cams. Paired with a T/S borg it should jam.

I'm starting with the engine and transmission because if the project stalls (wife has been on board... sorta) I'll have them as backup for my 400whp GR hatch.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    818's Are Totally Cool!

You'll Have A Great Adventure Doing Your Build!

Welcome To The FFR Family!

Post Thanks / Like
    A good engine plan and an escape exit if needed. It's going to be a fun adventure.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome; where are you in Pittsburgh? My shop is in the Allentown neighborhood, on Industry Street between the church and Alla Famiglia, with a mural on the side that says "Allentown." Feel free to stop by and say hello if you are in the neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm over in Bloomfield for the time being... yet another reason why engine is being done first. It will be a lot easier to move just that, as opposed to an in-progress chassis.

I don't often get up to that area - but I was able to find it pretty easily using street view. I might have to stop by one day and say howdy.