Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MKIV kit delivered 3/1/17. The journey begins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MKIV kit delivered 3/1/17. The journey begins.

Hello from SoCal. My name is Scott and after many years of waiting and dreaming, my roadster kit is here. I thought I would have 7 years ago after attending the Build School at Moot College, but life sometimes gets in the way.
    But now it's here. Complete kit with IRS, power steering. So many decisions yet to make. Engine, trans, paint color. My wife and I are very excited to get on the road and meet other FFR owners. And so the journey begins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun , Scott. Very exciting for you. Enjoy it! Take lots of pictures especially now. Make sure you get a pic of distance between dash hoop and edge of fiberglass and the rear bulkhead aluminum and edge of fiberglass unlike me. It will help eliminate guess work on body fitment when you're ready to reinstall it. You will find lots of help here. Sometimes the process gets a little daunting and there will be a lot of unknowns but as you work through them one at a time it starts to take shape. I read on here one time that building this car is like eating an elephant. You'll never do it at one sitting but over time you will. That analogy helped me have patience through the difficulties. When you look back you will really enjoy it. Most importantly, have fun!!!
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A Great Journey Is Just Beginning!

Do a complete almost tedious inventory and place a copy of each inventory sheet on the corresponding box.
    It makes life a lot easier when you are hunting for parts in the early stages.

Good Luck & Welcome To The Fun!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Scott! I'm expecting my 33 kit by end of the month.

Have fun!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great tips guys. And I promise I will pass everything I learn here to others that need help. Knowledge is only useful if it is shared.