Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Type 65 Coupe- Want to trade

Post Thanks / Like

Type 65 Coupe- Want to trade

For the last four+ years I have been building this Type 65 Coupe. It was to be my personal ride. However, at 74 years old, I find my legs aren’t as forgiving as they used to be. It has become difficult to get in and out of the car and therefore I am looking to trade for a more accommodating ride.

Of main importance is that it has a current transferable New York State Registration in my name and is approved as a 1965 Ford Two door sedan with matching data plate and frame stamped serial number. Obviously, smog exempt. Since the car’s main attributes (4 inch tubular frame, etc.) can be found on the FFR website I’ll only comment on upgrades and personal touches.
    The car sports a 1993 Mustang HO 5.0 fuel injected roller engine with BBK upgrades. The engine has been disassembled, clearances were checked and all gaskets and seals replaced. The five speed transmission is coupled to a Mustang limited slip rear end with new 3.55 gears and Yukon 5 lug axles. The special four link rear suspension and Koni adjustable coil over shocks attach the differential to the frame. Front suspension sports special FFR lower tubular control arms and adjustable uppers, again with fully adjustable Koni coil over shocks. Wilwood dual master cylinders with aluminum racing pedals provide fluid to GT disc brakes at all four corners. Eleven inch rotors in the front, 11.65 inch in the rear.
    Cobra tires, P235/60R15 in front, P295/50R15 in the rear, are mounted on Halibrand Style wheels. The five lug 15x8 (front) and 15x9 (rear) wheels have lug nut covers with functioning knock off spinners.

Seating is by Kirby aluminum racing buckets covered in black leather (snap off covers). Five point Simpson lap and shoulder harnesses hold you in place. The interior also is fully carpeted, has a black headliner and has leather door panels, a full set of Speedhut gauges, Vintage Air, air conditioning with heat and defrost.

The exterior is painted Viper red with Shelby style black racing stripes and white “meatballs” with black numbers. Era correct sponsor decals finish the period correct exterior. Entire paint job is base coat clear coat.

I am looking to trade even for a quality Porsche 356 running project or a quality Jaguar XKE running project. I have many pictures and would be happy to answer any and all questions.

If I can help, Please contact Neil at [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 72.jpg (618.2 KB, 1113 views)
    • File Type: jpg 64.jpg (708.3 KB, 743 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (590.1 KB, 692 views)
    • File Type: jpg 80.jpg (712.8 KB, 631 views)
    • File Type: jpg 63.jpg (516.3 KB, 656 views)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks beautiful; surely you'll have people pulling your arm off for this. Good luck
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Based on the other set of tire tracks I don't suppose you would be interested in trading for a JD 710 extended reach backhoe either??

Post Thanks / Like
    erlihemi: Thanks for the compliment. Your offer comes a few years too late. The wildlife management area is finished. Four ponds, ditching, five acre clear cut. Could have used the JD during construction. Neil

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darn it! I would've thrown the old D6 in with the deal!! I only built 2 ponds and one toy box with it. When it got warm last week the trout came up, then dropped to zero yesterday. I've never been able to manage wildlife or women. Gave up on women, but still trying to contain the wildlife.
    Good luck with the trade. If you need a hemi for that funny looking green car give me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still looking for a trade of a Porsche 356 project or a Jaguar XKE project. For Sale price is $42,499.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the inquiries, car is no longer available. Found a XKE trade.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody has a real nice coupe!!