Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For Sale: Non donor MK IV Roadster, partially complete in Southern California

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale: Non donor MK IV Roadster, partially complete in Southern California

With a great deal of regret I'm looking to sell my unfinished MK IV Serial number 8548. I've got to choose between letting this go or my 2017 Shelby GT350. I've had the kit for about 2 years now and it is probably a little over half complete. Engine is installed and running but I've not got it to go kart stage yet. Not much of the Aluminum is riveted yet either so everything I've done on the car is accessible. Here's what I have:

Started with a Factory Five basic kit and added options to bring the bill up to $19K after a $1.5K discount. Major options include 3 link suspension, vintage gauges, big and tall leather seats, front control arms, Halibrands, side exhaust, and Willwood pedal box.

I picked up a solid axle rear end from Gordon with all new insides as well as his "big brake kit". Total for these goodies was about $5K.

Next was the driveline, where I decided to go with a new BOSS 427W from Ford Racing. I coupled this with a Tremec TKO 600, Quick time Bell Housing, Centerline clutch and flywheel, and all the stuff needed to bolt this all together. Also topped it with a Victor Jr. intake and a Edelbrock E-Street EFI system and all MSD ignition part. The total for this was $18K.

Then all the little stuff, which often wasn't so little. I got the Breeze gas tank and fuel pump kit, proper fuel regulator, and nice stainless fuel lines. From Factory Five I purchased a drive shaft, wiring harness, radiator, and the new vinyl dash with glove box. Dropped battery box in the rear, Russ Thompson turn signal, lots of dress up stuff, and a boat load of miscellaneous parts that get my total investment near $50K.

In terms of the build, I went with a pretty standard approach. I enlarged the drivers footbox substantially. I've only glued and riveted the panels that needed to be done. My next step was to start putting enough parts in place to be able to go kart it so I can see if there is anything that needs to be tweaked or fine tuned before moving on to the finish work.

I have all the parts organized and the parts list still can be used to find parts. I know I'm going to take a hit on this, so I'm more interested in finding a good buyer who will finish this and get it on the road where it belongs All you need to do is add labor and paint. I think $30K is a fair number but I'm willing to talk. See photos below for where she sits today. These pictures were taken last weekend. You can see more in this album: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=1060

Shoot me a PM or email at [email protected] if you have any interest. Or I'll take $62K for my GT350 (only 700 miles), but that will be a tough one to give up on.

IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1123sm.jpg

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by RobW33; 03-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob,

I sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob,

I sent you another private message.

Thanks,

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Kit has been sold. Thanks for all the inquires.