Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Type 65 Coupe Gen 2

Post Thanks / Like

Type 65 Coupe Gen 2

I've ordered the next to last (I believe) Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe as a Complete Kit for 6/3/17 delivery.

I'm digging into the amazing threads and info of the FF Forum, as well as the FFCars forum..... wow! what a community!

I'm also ordering a Mk IV (which I actually plan on building prior to the Type 65) and am about to sign up for the Aug Mk IV school, so hopefully I'll learn a few things to contribute back to the community.

Does anyone have any knowledge, experience, and/or recommendation regarding the Levy racing Big Radiator: http://levyracing.com/store/levyraci...ype-65-coupes? as opposed to using the stock radiator?

This car will be used as a regular driver with occasional track time. I haven't finalized my decision for the engine, but it will likely be in the 400hp range, and will have A/C, as we're in TX.

I appreciate any guidance on this radiator/oil cooling decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lancelot-

Congratulations on both of your upcoming builds! That is an ambitious plan, and I am jealous!

The stock FFR radiator is more than capable of keeping your engine cool. No need to spend extra money on another radiator.

Good luck as you move forward, and I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve. I visited the FFR factory a couple years ago and David, his team, and his facilities instill a lot of confidence in the product as being well-designed and built, as well in the quality of parts/components they have chosen to use. Thanks for confirming the radiator is more than sufficient. I have a 1936 Auburn Speedster that runs hot and I want to make sure this Type 65 Coupe doesn't!

I'm hopeful my plan isn't too ambitious and that I can actually pull these builds off. My high school-aged son most prefers the Type 65, and that build will eventually be for him, so I have 3-7 years before that NEEDS to be finished (depending on how his responsibility develops will determine whether this is a HS graduation present, college graduation present, or whether Dad will enjoy driving this car for the next 20 years). He prefers the Gen 2 as it more closely resembles an original, so I wanted to lock-in one while they had them available (and I know the next few years will be flying by faster than the past 16, so I better get on this!).

I'm hoping the build school will provide a good basis to get on the Mk IV with confidence and an aggressive build schedule. I need to search the forums to read others' experiences with the school. I think I'll create a post thread for my build school experience, so if anyone wants to chime in advice/pointers to get the most out of the school, please post on THAT thread . . . I'm all eyes & ears!!!

thanks again, Steve!