Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tangent 2" Roll Bar Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Tangent 2" Roll Bar Kit

Guys,
    Is there anyone else out there that needs a 2" Tangent roll bar kit. Eric has sold the last one and needs to have orders for 10 to make more. I need 2, anyone else?
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could use 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, Up to 3!
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to the Roll Bar kit:
    http://tangentkits.com/site/295a6c46..._Kits.php#2857

It's a no drill kit that allows you to mount the bar without drilling and putting a bolt through it.

Joel
    Joel "Beef" Heft

Post Thanks / Like
    Link doesn't work.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to tangentkits.com select roll bar kits for the info.

Joel
    Joel "Beef" Heft

Post Thanks / Like
    I see he lists 1.5" kits for the MK4. What size bar comes with the MK4? My kit hasn't shipped yet, but this is an item I definitely want to use. If the MK4 bars are 2", count me in for two kits (driver and passenger).
    Last edited by Papa; 03-13-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    MK 4 uses 1.5" roll bars. -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. It wasn't obvious in the list of what comes with the kit. I ordered chrome driver and passenger bars and looking through the parts catalog on the FFR site, they show 2" for the bars, so I wasn't sure what will arrive with my kit. I guess I'll wait to order the Tangent kits until later.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Thanks. It wasn't obvious in the list of what comes with the kit. I ordered chrome driver and passenger bars and looking through the parts catalog on the FFR site, they show 2" for the bars, so I wasn't sure what will arrive with my kit. I guess I'll wait to order the Tangent kits until later.
    If you do not plan to use the FFR roll bars, you might want to call FFR and have both of them deleted from your order. (Assuming your kit has not yet shipped!) You might be able to resell one or both of them, but you will lose money in the process. I chose the Breeze 1.75" bars for both sides, and was able to sell the one roll bar that came with my kit, but I did take a loss on it. Why spend money on something you won't need? I will guarantee there are plenty of folks around this forum that are more than willing to help you find ways to spend your money!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    There's no reason to doubt what will be in your Mk4 kit. They will be 1.5 inch roll bars. It's been that way since the Mk4 was introduced several years ago. The catalog listings on the Factory Five website for 2 inch roll bars all say Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3. For Mk4, they show the 1.5 inch version. Tangent makes a hidden connector for each size. I've used them both.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tangent can make 2" Roll Bar kits, but Eric needs orders for 10 kits to make it worth his time.

I need 2, is the anyone else that needs one?

Thanks Joel
    Joel "Beef" Heft