Sorry if this is in the wrong spot; I didn't see a forum that this really fit in to...

I picked up a '90 Mustang LX 5.0 drivetrain donor and nabbed the engine, T5, and 8.8" rear. I happened to luck into a set of GT40P heads that are currently at the machine shop for a three-angle valve job, clean-up, milling, and a few other things. I also traded the wheels that came off the Mustang for the earlier Explorer/GT40 intake setup. I'm planning on running the '90 bottom-end if it all looks good, but now I'm down to cam selection. I need to pick a cam, cause from the cam choice I can determine what rockers, valvesprings, and other valvetrain hardware I need to pick up for the GT40Ps.

My goal is to not go overboard; I'm not building a world-beater. The Type 65 will be a fun street car. Since the heads and intake setup are roughly equivalent to decently-ported E7 heads and factory Mustang intake, I figured picking a cam that was aimed at slightly worked heads would do well. I'd have no problems doing the Explorer 65mm throttle body if necessary, but again, I'd like to not go too crazy.

People seem to like the E303 and B303, but I hear a good bit of negative about those cams too. I called AFM and asked for some specs on their cams, but they refused to give me exact information about their cams' lift/duration/LSA/etc. However, they did suggest their N31.

I called Comp Cams and spent a good amount of time on the phone with them. They suggested the XE270HR, P/N 35-351-8. It seems like this might be a pretty good fit, but I'd like to know what folks are doing for their 5.0 cams these days, and hopefully with setups close to mine.

Thanks in advance.