Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK4 Windshield Fitting

Post Thanks / Like

MK4 Windshield Fitting

I am looking for advice on installing the MK4 Windshield.

My manual only has 3 pages relating to the fitment of the windshield. (304-305, & 389) I know that If I ever want to install a soft top there are angles and measurements that need to be followed. I have seen articles to replace the brass side strips supplied by FFR. In the FFR Video for the Premium top they talk about a 27" measurement from the inside of the door pillar to the top screw on the windshield frame being 27".

I did find a video on youtube that looks like its from the build school. That's got some good info also.

Link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwHM2yOmHE

Also, there are a few discussions regarding Lexan vs Glass for these things.

I am looking for advice at this point, the body now has most of the hardware installed for fitting purposes and I need to do this before installing the wipers and heater.

The car is driveable, in primer.

Bob
    Last edited by mcwho; 03-13-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant offer you much help other than to mention Whitby sells an upgraded replacement for the brass side strips. You may want to check with them on those.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides