Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 GTM building questions???

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2 GTM building questions???

1st. Where do you mount the E-Brk cable bracket? The manual is vague on this. A picture would really help me out.

IMG_1608.JPG

2nd. Can you install the fuel tanks and aluminum around them before installing the engine? I won't be getting my engine or Transaxle for a few weeks and want to stay busy in the mean time. I have jumped around some but normally I follow the manual pretty close. I do not want to make the engine install hard by jumping ahead to far. Any suggestions? Thanks. TW

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the manual is vague on that bracket along with a lot of other things ha! I looked at a few locations and just ended up ordering the ebrake mount from Shane at Vraptor and it's exactly what should've come with the kit, I suggest you save yourself the headache and order that.

-Brent
    Last edited by tucker298; 03-16-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tucker298;271606]Yes he Manuel is vague on that bracket along with a lot of other things ha! I looked at a few locations and just ended up ordering the ebrake mount from Shane at Vraptor and it's exactly what should've come with the kit, I suggest you save yourself the headache and order that.

Unfortunately my starter will be in that area since I am going to use a G96 transaxle. I will wait till my engine and transaxle are installed and make my mods then. Thanks. I was hoping for a picture of how FFR suggested it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brent!

In case you need to find them, they are the 9th and 10th items down under the "Brackets/Mounts/fixes" section of this page:

http://vraptorspeedworks.com/custom-gtm-parts/

As for the tanks and aluminum panels, I would not try to install those prior to engine install...especially if you're running AC. The AC compressor has very little clearance to the aluminum panels and I imagine it would make things all the more difficult to try to get the motor mounts lined up with the AC compressor interfering with the panel. You also really need the engine and transaxle installed before you install the "guard" for the AC pulley so that you know you have enough clearance there. You will also need to notch the 1x1 tube by the AC compressor electrical connector to gain clearance there or that tube will break the connector off the first time you drive your car.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shane. By the look of those parts they will not work when the starter is on the engine side. Do you know differently?

Post Thanks / Like
    By that statement, I assume you're running the Mendy transaxle..and hopefully NOT the batwing oil pan? If that is the case, looking at the one we have in the shop here, it looks like it would be very close.....you might be able to buy some longer oil pan bolts and use the parts with some spacers to space them down from the oil pan just a bit.....from the looks of the one here, it looks like you'd only have to space it down like a quarter inch or so?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    When using the g96 Trans, the starter is mounted to the engine. I hope you don't mind Shane I used your picture to show where the starter bolts on.
    It looks like this bracket will not work. Possibly use it on the other side if its bent the other way? startcable.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I am using a Porsche G96 with starter bolted to engine. I will make my own mods on this once all is in place.