Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-Day Snap-On Tools-Factory Five Coupe Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Wow, I am speechless and that's hard to do. Awesome job guys!!!
    Henry-

I like the name of your company! First time I have seen your logo. Well done Sir!

The Gen III coupe is amazing, and that Snap On build is too good! I really love the race version and all the aero parts that have been added. True to the original, yet includes so many modern touches in and out of view, to make one heck of a car!! I can't wait to hear how it does on the track.

Well done Factory Five and Snap On!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great looking car. Great job guys!!

A couple of questions.

Is that the 67" GTC-500 AFR wing?

I like the wheel vents. Do you guys plan on doing any wind tunnel testing to see how effective they are?

Thanks

JC
    Factory Five Type-65 Coupe:"Race Spec" coupe, Ordered 1/12, picked-up 5/12, roller 5/12, first start 10/12, finished 4/13
    Factory Five Roadster: Sold 12/2011.
    http://www.25tires.com

Post Thanks / Like
    One heck of a car, love the aero parts.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that 52XS is AWESOME…!

Any insight as to the retail on that bad boy…? The 50XS lists at about 17K, so the 52XS might run about 23K…? (…those heads, that block…)

Would LOVE to see Ford offer a package like the Coyote Power Module kit, but with the 52XS & appropriate tranny/engine controller/wiring harness…

Cannot wait to see some track footage of this beauty in action…!!!

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was an awesome week! Snow storm and all. When I look at this car I want to plumb twin turbos forward in the air box behind the radiator. Is that achievable? Route the intake out the side to the front and exhaust down and back out the correct location? Keep the heat out of the engine bay? Don't be afraid to tell me why it's a bad idea. Hate to spend next fall building a twin turbo V12 only to find out I can't get enough airflow through the radiator thingy...or the pull rope won't reach the crank.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Mad Dog or someone else involved with the build, is there going to be a parts list published? The R-coupe is evident as is the engine, but what about the wheels (Volk ZE40s?) and tires, aero bits, fuel cell, dry sump system, seats, etc.?

There are general statements of brand but no part number specifics that I can find. Thanks!
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    This would be the craziest ultimate Type65 Coupe if you guys could spring to throw a Whipple 2.9 supercharger on that Aluminator. I dare you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now all it needs is a flat under tray and a diffuser this thing is getting close to a imsa gt car. I wonder if imsa would allow it to run in the Gtd class.
    Last edited by HCP 65 COUPE; 04-03-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    @Mad Dog or someone else involved with the build, is there going to be a parts list published? The R-coupe is evident as is the engine, but what about the wheels (Volk ZE40s?) and tires, aero bits, fuel cell, dry sump system, seats, etc.?

There are general statements of brand but no part number specifics that I can find. Thanks!
    These are good questions!!!

Is someone going to respond???

Could we please get a parts list together with part numbers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As to part numbers if you refer to John George's - Gen 3 FFR#48 post I believe the second post in it contains Johns part list. I believe many of the parts have links to suppliers. If not on the forum post then check out the http://www.johngeorgeracing.com where he also has the list. The wheels and seats aren't there but most everything that's needed for a Coyote build can be found.
    The Aero bits are in the FFR Parts catalog mostly. IMO they should have an Aero section because the Rear Wing and Heat Extractors are on the GTM page and the Splitter is listed in the 818 stuff. Only the front spoiler shows in the Type65 stuff. I believe the Front and Rear Wheel vents are FFR parts as well but I have yet to see them in the catalog.
    I would really like to see John get a shot with this car at the Ultimate Track Car Challenge as it is much like his own build but not restricted in engine power or tires by NASA ST2 class rules. Maybe it will show up for the event and if not Johns Coupe is already entered along with an 818.
    Last edited by R Thomas; 04-25-2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Further data
    Daily Driver 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible
    Donor 1997 Mustang Coupe
    Someday a Type65 Street Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more interested in the wheels and wing. I have already copied John's list. I want to know the size and backspacing of the 18" wheels to fit the 295/335 front/rear tire combo with the new Gen 3 body/chassis. Also, which wing did they use (APR GTC-500 or GTC-300) and which width stantions did they use for the wing? Was it a wing that came from a specific car or is it a custom width?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I see they have already changed out the APR GTC-500 wing for a GT-1000. They also installed the GT-1000 on Factory Five's personal 818R that's running at the VIR Fastest Track Challenge in May.

I need to call FFR and ask them the width of the GT-1000 as well as the center-to-center measurement of the stantions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12