Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gauge wiring schematic.

Post Thanks / Like

Gauge wiring schematic.

Motors running strong. I have go carted a few times in our parking lot. I plan on doing a weeks worth of driving but i would like to have my gauges installed before going to far. Does anyone have a schematic on how to marry in the RF harness with the GPS gauges? I understand the brown wire needs to hit all gauges but the connectors on the back of the gauges make me think i'm doing something wrong or shouldn't cut them. I did a search and came up with an informative thread from 2012 but i wasn't sure if there is a newer setup or method to the madness. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not aware of a schematic that shows the combination in one. The RF schematic plus the individual instructions provided with each gauge cover it though. This explanation from Jeff Kleiner pretty much explains it: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/4453834-post2.html. Just ignore the part about the speed sensor since you have the GPS speedo. It only needs power and the supplied antenna.

Very high level overview if this helps: There are basically three connections to each gauge: (1) Provided Speedhut daisy chain for power and lighting the needles. (2) Provided Speedhut daisy chain for backlighting that goes through the dimmer, (3) Individual senders for each. All are covered in the info from Jeff.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-15-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Edward that's exactly what I was looking for. Hope to have them ready by the weekend.