I thought I should update guys with Coyote and AODE (4R70) with PCS Simple Shift transmissions. I have been battling erratic speedo indications and of course related shift problems.
I have talked with a lot of techs about this and the fix for erratic speedo indications is a dedicated ground to the speedo from the frame, I have a lot of grounds going to the brake master cylinder support structure and that is where I got a new ground for the speedo. I now have only an erratic spike of the speedo needle as I start to roll away once above 10 mph it is now stable. The next thing I will do is the same ground will be used to ground the speedo generator at the trans (old speedo drive). I've been told this should address the last of the speedo troubles.

The transmission is now shifting correctly but delayed way up the speed range, my first upshift is over 20 mph, the status lights on the controller show no error codes now. I called FFR and Tony has built one of these combos for himself and said the only fix is to replace the torque convertor, the one shipped by Performance Automatic is around a 2000 stall, he said what is needed is 3000 - 3200 rpm stall because the car is too light and the convertor supplied locks up way to early for the transmission to properly sense when to upshift.

So today I have placed an order for a 10 inch convertor from Road Runner Convertors in AZ, it should be here next week, so now I have to remove the interior and pull the trans cover off to get the transmission back far enough to R&R the convertor.

I will post an update when this is done to see how it works out, I wish I have known this about 3 years ago when I started this project January 2014.