Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Edelbrock Performer/thunder AVS Blues (1806)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Edelbrock Performer/thunder AVS Blues (1806)

My professionally built 331 came with The Edelborck #1806. The engine is 10 to 1 compression, edelbrock performer RPM heads, AIr Gap Intake and comp cams.
    It started and idled fine before I did my first go cart. THen when I did my first go kart, I noticed that it would die when I stopped and also would not idle as well as it had. I replaced the elec choke hat cause I found that it was not releasing all the way, the new one has about 1/4 more travel. Then I followed the Edel instructions and adjusted the float drop and close adjustments as per their spec.

That go kart was 11 months ago and I now have the body on ready for paint. Same issues.

I am gonna check the fule pressure and purge the fuel just in case, I am crossing my fingers eyes and toes. WHo knows.

If I invest in a new carb it will probably be a Quick Fuel, as they are on the opposite end of the spectrum as the Edel, which has all bad reviews, and wherein the QF has all good reviews.

The Culprit !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcwho; 03-20-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: forgot to add pic
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.