Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1997 cobra engine oil dipstick tube

Post Thanks / Like

1997 cobra engine oil dipstick tube

I have the engine in car and I purchased a factory engine oil dipstick tube and having trouble getting it installed. For something that should be so easy has turned into an issue. If anyone has installed one of these engines are you using the factory dipstick tube or one of the flexible after market ones?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears that my dipstick tube location and yours is the same. I cannot tell from your narrative whether the tube is a clearance problem or a fitment problem. I assume that you are using the stock pan since you did not mention it and so the stock tube should fit just fine. Mine is a stock tube in the stock location on a Champ road race pan with no clearance or fitment issues. I had to purchase an aftermarket dipstick and mark it for the location of the new pool depth on the Champ pan but that would probably be normal whenever switching to an aftermarket pan and pickup.

My setup (04 Mach1 4.6 DOHC) is a little different from yours but hopefully this will help.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt,

Thanks for the reply. I have a 1997 cobra engine and champ pan as well. I am using the original exhaust manifolds flipped as instructed in the manual. I'm not sure if it is a fitment problem or clearance problem yet. I think I might have to resort to completely removing the drivers side exhaust manifold to get it in place. Glad to know that it worked for you and I will give it a go again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I flipped my manifolds and installed the pan while the engine was on the stand. I just took a good look at what it might take with the engine in the car and it will be a struggle because of how the tube bends around on it's way to the receptacle. Loosening the manifold may give you the room you need but IT"S TIGHT.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for taking a look. Knowing that it does fit makes me feel better.