FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust stains on body

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust stains on body

I don't think this is burning.... more staining, but I could be wrong. Of course, white shows it the worst. I've been able to remove it with rubbing compound, which is why I am inclined to think it is staining and not burning.

I've seen guys put metal bezels around the exhaust that extend a few inches out, riveted in place. I always assumed this was for heat. But looking at the size and area of the staining on my bumper, the metal plate bezel would have to be pretty big and I think it would look like crap.

Is there any magic solution to this.... something I could put on here that could be painted or coated white to match the car, yet be easily wiped down and restored back to white after it was stained with exhaust?

Post Thanks / Like
    My exhaust exit is more towards the rear but I do get some of that discoloring. Since I have polished and have a few coats of wax on the gelcoat it has been wiping off. Now I haven't been putting the miles on the car like you have.3-4 rear 818.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    your exhaust is too close to the body
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    On my car, the hot exhaust did burn paint. I had to add an alum. bezel to stop the damage.