Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How I stored 818C body

Post Thanks / Like

How I stored 818C body

Here are few pictures of how I stored body on top of 4 post hoist with roof hanging from ceiling.

Sides set flat tied together by 2x2 using shipment holes.

FFR said to bolt rear bumper back on to support rear quarters, then I used 5.5 in support under bumper to support it.

Managed to store all of body on top out of way.

if anyone knows how to post multiple Photobucket links at once rather than one by one I would be happy to hear from you..

Post Thanks / Like
    envious of your garage space... I did not have the room to bolt stuff back together... fingers crossed mine goes back together without issues

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have shop envy! I didn't have room to bolt any body panels together and had pieces hanging from the ceiling all over a 3-car garage. It looked like something exploded. Plus, I had the hood in my office for a few months and the trunk lid under a bed (don't tell my wife!). I had no problem fitting the unbolted parts, so I don't think keeping the side pods bolted to the rear is very important.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    I also have shop envy! I didn't have room to bolt any body panels together and had pieces hanging from the ceiling all over a 3-car garage. It looked like something exploded. Plus, I had the hood in my office for a few months and the trunk lid under a bed (don't tell my wife!). I had no problem fitting the unbolted parts, so I don't think keeping the side pods bolted to the rear is very important.
    That's good news. Don't have any experience with FG so not sure about stories of fg creep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank, it's a big deal in the roadster body. Those guys store the one-piece body on a structure called a "body buck" but since our 818s are a bunch of smaller panels it's not a worry. And, lots easier to find spaces!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, ask my wife about 'finding' spaces to store 818 parts....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    yeah, ask my wife about 'finding' spaces to store 818 parts....
    lol, I have the windshield and some other glass under our bed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SnyderJD View Post
    lol, I have the windshield and some other glass under our bed...
    That's probably the best place I have heard to store 818 parts lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend taking the tape off ASAP or the residue will be a chore to remove.
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn818c View Post
    I would recommend taking the tape off ASAP or the residue will be a chore to remove.
    . Thanks. I have seen that too in the past. All tape is off. Only bolts or
    screws used.