BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ignition key to the left of steering column

Post Thanks / Like

Ignition key to the left of steering column

I've seen a number of dash panels with the ignition to the left of the steering column. I like the look and was wondering if there are any draw backs.

Anyone install it to the left and wish they hadn't?

No left/right leaning political comments please. I get enough of that debate elsewhere.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it to the left... out of sight there! I tend to leave the keys in the car.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine on the left of the column, too. Only observation is that my dangling key chain tends to bang into my knee as i rest my leg up near the dash on that side.

In this pic, you can see how the key chain hangs down in front of the scalloped lower edge of the dash - which is right where my knee goes.

But, this is how they were located in the original S/C cars, so I thought it went well with my gauge and switch layout.

Here's an original S/C car (CSX3049)....

Last edited by Gumball; 03-24-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed mine on the left. I really like the look and do not regret it at all. Only issue is that it can be a bit hard to get at.