Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818- A couple of donor parts to hold onto

Post Thanks / Like

818- A couple of donor parts to hold onto

The photo shows the rubber door conduits for the passage of wires for mirror control, window control, lock control, speaker wires, etc. I have not seen anything that says hold onto them, but they look better than a lot of the alternatives for passing wires from the body to the doors.

The other parts is the small fabric curtain that is on the bottom of the WRX instrument cluster bezel....this piece of fabric could easily make its way onto the FFR dash to help hid ugly steering wheel mechanics. Easy to make a new one, but why make a new one when this one is free?

Any other parts worth saving that others can recommend?

-Ben

IMG_8576.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, I saved every last grommet I could find. Granted, I haven't started building yet so I don't know how many of them I'll use.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good way to approach it. I saved everything and only sold things that I new I would not or could not use. At first glance you might not save the WRX instrument bezel, but attached to it is the small fabric curtain piece.....which is worth saving. So, save everything and then make sure to look over what you have every once and awhile so that you can see where things might be used.

Post Thanks / Like
    I won't get rid of anything, including the carcass, until my build is finished. One never knows what might be usable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I had that kind space!!