FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK IV Pedal Box Aluminum Clutch Cable Cutout

Post Thanks / Like

MK IV Pedal Box Aluminum Clutch Cable Cutout

Hello everyone, my son and I are a few weeks into our first MK IV build. I am sure this is the first of many questions we will have, and appreciate any insight and help the experts in this forum can provide.

Our kit was shipped with the Wilwood pedal box which has a different aluminum panel for the forward side of the foot box frame than the panel that was mounted to the frame for shipping. The issue we are experiencing it that the cutout for the clutch cable seems mislocated inboard about 0.650" from the cutout in the frame of the car. All the other cut outs line up perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? How was it handled?

As this is my first ever post to the forum I hope the attached picture comes through as it illustrates the situation better than I can explain it.

Thanks!
    Bob

Clutch Cable Cutout.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone else has this issue recently. I believe their solution was to call FFR and get a replacement. They must have made a bad batch of panels or something.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Check all of your boxes. For whatever reason the kit gets shipped with the donor build footbox panel in place. You should have the correct panel in one of your boxes. At least this was the case with my complete kit Mk4.

Disregard

I just looked at your picture again. Looks like a call to Factory Five in the morning.
    Last edited by CDXXVII; 03-26-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks All!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happened to me. Call FFR and they will send another panel. They told me the wrong panels were sent. Quick fix.
    MK IV complete Kit - 1st time builder started Sept 2016
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS
    Power steering - Levy setup, Breeze roll bars, Thompson trunk box
    fuel injection, powder coating, sway bars, heater, wipers, 17 in wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out my build thread. I had the issue. Took 4 calls to ff5 to get the right plate. Make sure you send them a picture of the steel plate. That helps, as there are so many different versions apparently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone. Courtnie tells me there are several revisions of the panel - looks like I had the wrong one. New panel has already shipped!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone.
    Our clutch cable saga continues...The FF Manual shows the clutch cable mounted to the firewall with a spacer and states that the spacer was not used after 7/20/2016. (Ours was delivered in February of 2017). Can anyone help me understand how the cable should be mounted through the cutout without the spacer? As shown below, using the included clip, the cable is skewed toward any of the holes being used for the clip ~0.125".

Clutch Cable Cutout -3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere in your parts is an aluminum firewall adjuster.
    Mike