BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another Roadster Heading Down Under to New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Another Roadster Heading Down Under to New Zealand

In 1997 I found FactoryFive by mistake when looking for Kit cars on the web.
    I am am an Automotive Machinist by trade (Over 40yrs ago in another life)
    I have been here all that time, looking,learning & planning. In 2007 I bought a donor (2004SVT Cobra) through Cypress in California and by 2008 was ready to place an order. Unfortunately I was made redundant in the middle of extensive house alterations and did not work until 2012.
    But its all OK now and after 3-4 yrs work I have retired and ready to build my roadster. All my friends recognize me as a Cobra nut that lives & dreams Cobra.
    Last week I placed my order for my Factory Five Racing Roadster. The researching has told me I know enough, but it also tells me I don't know what I don't know.
    I look forward to meeting you on the forums & sorry if I ask dumb questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congratulations. Enjoy the build.
    How long does it take for the kit to make its way to New Zealand?
    What is your build plan for the drivetrain and what options did you order?

Don't make any apologies for dumb questions. I think I already asked them all! Everyone here is extremely helpful. The forum is a great resource. Use it to its fullest. The only dumb thing you can do is not to ask and then mess something up on the build!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your order. With the help of everyone on the forum you are never alone with your build. I know I love every moment of my build including the frustrating ones. I have a lot of those. Have fun living your dream.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slpro1207 View Post
    Congratulations on your order. With the help of everyone on the forum you are never alone with your build. I know I love every moment of my build including the frustrating ones. I have a lot of those. Have fun living your dream.
    I am building from a Basic Kit Power Train will be 4.6L 4V Supercharged Terminator with Tremec T56 (6 speed) Independent Rear suspension, 17" FFR Halibrands 9" Front 10.5" rears and Wilwood brakes. Rack & Pinion RHD probably FlamingRiver best fit for legal reasons. I have also ordered a Premium Softop because the weather in NZ is a little unpredictable summer & winter, I really enjoy driving its my relaxation.