Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will waterfall come out with hard top on?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Will waterfall come out with hard top on?

Is it possible to remove the waterfall with the hardtop in place? The reason I ask is that I am considering bolting the top on from below the body so I don't have the big ugly holes in the top. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tom
    With my permanent top with roll bar i will have to make slots and maybe mod at doors. Have not worked on this yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just hoping that someone gives me a hint what a waterfall is . I honestly don't understand the OP question and I'm supposed to be building one of these soon *gulp*
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    I'm just hoping that someone gives me a hint what a waterfall is . I honestly don't understand the OP question and I'm supposed to be building one of these soon *gulp*
    The "waterfall" is the sculptured panel installed behind the seats and in front of the fuel tank
    Last edited by Barrel; 03-30-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrel View Post
    The "waterfall" is the sculptured panel installed behind the seats and in front of the fuel tank
    Thanks that all makes sense!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll probably need to take out both seats, but it should come out as long as the leather upholstery is Velcro on... and you slotted the piece going over the roll bar? Don't forget its the roll bar that is the problem. Then there is the Kirkey seat back support modification FFR forgot to include with the Kirkey option.
    Dale will be redesigning this whole back half when he finally puts that 5 window roof on his...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    You'll probably need to take out both seats, but it should come out as long as the leather upholstery is Velcro on... and you slotted the piece going over the roll bar? Don't forget its the roll bar that is the problem. Then there is the Kirkey seat back support modification FFR forgot to include with the Kirkey option.
    Dale will be redesigning this whole back half when he finally puts that 5 window roof on his...
    EH; Always stirring the pot Not going with a 5 window but I am on the list for the steel chin and steel doors for my 33. The PU or sedan delivery is a bucket list item.

I do have my 4 point cage going down through the waterfall albeit in a slightly farther outboard location.
    Mine will have an access to the trunk since my gas tank is not mounted right behind the seats. I haven't decided yet whether to section the waterfall
    into 3 pieces but I am leaning that way.
    My battery won't be in the standard location either but that would be another reason for most builders to want access there.
    DB
    Last edited by myjones; 04-01-2017 at 07:51 AM.