FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Huntington Beach Cruise In

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach Cruise In

I signed up for the HB Cruise-In. Planning to bring my "work in progress" on a trailer, assuming I get a decent amount of work done this month. Any advice on the logistics of bringing a non running car to the party? Where to park a truck with a trailer? Any experience with U-Haul car trailers and super low cars? how much beer do I need to bring to solicit help to push my rolling chassis around?
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I have recent experience moving a roller on a trailer. The trailer you get has to be pretty low and have a beaver tail or very long ramps. If you have to rent a trailer, uhaul does have one that works pretty well. Be sure to request the "car hauler" not the "car dolly". The reasons their trailer works so well is that it is notched at the rear allowing the very low frame to slide through. I hope you have a stout vehicle to pull their trailer. They are surprisingly picky about what you will pull their trailer with. I have a Ford F150 and it passed muster. Where to park the trailer is a tough question. You might contact FFR, or David Hodgkins who lives in the area, to see what they suggest. There is parking for the beach just across the street from the show area, and I think I saw trucks with trailers parked there last year. You probably couldn't leave it there overnight, but you could leave it there all day after you off loaded the roller for the show. I am pretty sure you will find plenty of like-minded friends to help you roll it around. I'll help you if I happen to be there when you arrive!

Your willingness to bring your roller has inspired me. Perhaps I will bring mine to keep you company.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a hold of Blown5.0. I'm pretty sure he trailered his there last year.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    I signed up for the HB Cruise-In. Planning to bring my "work in progress" on a trailer, assuming I get a decent amount of work done this month. Any advice on the logistics of bringing a non running car to the party? Where to park a truck with a trailer? Any experience with U-Haul car trailers and super low cars? how much beer do I need to bring to solicit help to push my rolling chassis around?
    -Steve
    Yes, the local Uhaul trailers work great and easy to secure the car to. There is parking down the street from the event, or at least there was while they were building the mall. Now that it's done I'm sure you'll still find something on a Saturday. Just use wood to get the car on the ramp if the uhaul doesn't work but I've done hot rods, 818s, and cobras on their trailer and it's usually fine. And they are picky. They want a 5000lb towing capacity vehicle regardless of what you're towing. See you there!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, have used both u-haul and my own trailer. Enough manual labor to move your roller on/off trailer. Parking for trailers and rigs will be at the beach reserved for FFR. However no overnight parking will be allowed and must have trailer and prime mover off the beach parking by 4pm at very, very latest. Parking is available form about 7am to 4pm the day of the event. David can make accommodations for trailer parking for fully operational cars only. You would not be advised to trailer over to the event parking, unload your roller, trailer back to Davids and drop your trailer then return to Davids, etc. Just put truck and trailer in the beach parking lot.