Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Enroute

Post Thanks / Like

Engine Enroute

I just got a call from a local trucking company. My 500 horse Coyote is enroute and they needed to set up a delivery date. I have my work bench, 2-55 gal drums with plywood on top, in front of the lift and my frame. I guess I will slide the drums to the side and set the engine in the doorway. All this is in my shop/barn, so I have room, but have to move stuff around.
    I ordered my engine, drive line and misc from Mike Forte. I was very pleased with the transaction. Thanks for the recommendation from builders on this site. I will post some pics, even if it is just the crate.
    Last edited by Railroad; 04-03-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats !!
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not my car and I am exited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for that day to come! I'm puuting in a Coyote also and considering Mike Forte also. What have you done to the engine to get 500 HP out of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coyobra View Post
    Waiting for that day to come! I'm puuting in a Coyote also and considering Mike Forte also. What have you done to the engine to get 500 HP out of it?
    Me too! Me too! Inquiring minds want to know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too....
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to get down which post button to click on. I posted the pics on the build thread side by mistake. Here are the pics of the engine delivered. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...gle-has-Landed

Not to be smart, but to get 500+ hp, you just have to throw some money at it. It was a decision I wrestled with. I could have bought the 435 hp version and put a supercharger on for about the same price, but I liked the normally aspirated version more. Here is a link to the specifics on the engine, https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A50XS.

A couple of things, the engine comes with the alternator. Mine came with a flywheel, although the Ford site says, no flywheel.
    Mike sent me a billet steel flywheel and clutch. The clutch I got from Mike will not fit the mounted flywheel. It is nodular iron.
    I am going to call Ford Performance, but will probably go with the steel flywheel and clutch from Mike.
    The passenger side of the front valve cover has some plastic ears that support a wiring harness attached with push pins.
    Mine was broken off and part of the push pin was missing. I will probably superglue it back, do not want to pull the valve cover.
    The engine comes with a beautiful 12 qt oil pan, too bad it cannot stay on. I also got a steel mini engine stand with the engine.
    Anyway, I am still excited and trying to get in work time on the car. It is a beautiful engine. Thanks for the comments.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    The aluminator is a beefed up version of the Coyote. This thing is super strong. Good choice if you ever want to supercharge. BTW, my 2012 Coyote with the Stainless Headers and K&N filter, is 490 HP with a slight tweak to ignition and valve timing. And for the "know it all"....That's not opinion. That's experience backed by graphs from the dyno runs.

Enjoy that engine Railroad. I'm envious.
    Last edited by Dave Howard; 04-10-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave. I have had good luck with after market tuning. I had a local guy with dyno or street pulls tune 2 iron blocks. Lund resides in my 99 Cobra with KB supercharger and my 13 Shelby GT500. Those are some good numbers on your Coyote. I am expecting about 540 hp on the XS, but will probably never be able to utilize much of it.