My son and I hpoe to buy and build a FFR 289 USRRC kit in sSeptember. And so with the idea of getting our ducks in a row, we're working on the drivetrain. We've got a nice T5 we're rebuilding, picked up an S10 tailpiece, shift rod, and the other bits, along with a NOS Hurst competition plus shifter.

For our motor we've put together a 5.0 HO bored .030 over for a 306 C.I. The short block was put together by a little shop in R.I. that is not a sponsor here so they will go unnamed. Their work however was superb and I would use them again in a heartbeat. ARP bolts, sealed power pistons. An Edelbrock 2221 rolling thunder cam,ford racing roller lifters, and a comp cams timing chain. Topped with Chinese aluminum heads (I know, I know) With 2.02 intakes and 1.64 exhausts, comp cams guide plates, ARP Rocker studs, hell all fasteners are ARP. Scorpion roller rockers, and Edelbrock springs matched to the cam. An Edelbrock performer RPM airgap manifold topped with a Holley Sniper EFI, and BBK headers.

It's been a while since I put a motor together. 40 years to be exact. I have to give credit to Mike Forte besides have his vast array of parts a 15 minute drive from my house, he was an invaluable source of advise, and was patient with me. To top it off mike loaned me a set of FFR j pipes and side pipes to use when we did our break-in on my run stand. The Holley Sniper EFI was amazing ly simple to setup and seems like a good decision as I really want both power and diveabilty.

having said all that if you want to see and hear the motor, which we started for the first time on Saturday. Go to you tube, and search for
Chuck the snake ford

enjoy